ZUMBA?

Options
I've been meaning to buy a zumba dvd just to make my workout a little bit more fun then watching shows and going on the elliptical. I came across this at bath and body works:

Zumba Fitness Exhilarate Body Shaping System

Has anyone tried it? Is it a pretty good to follow video? Do you guys have any other reccomendations for zumba?

Replies

• athybaby
    athybaby Posts: 7
    Options
    Apparently it's really good. I picked it up a couple weeks ago, but I had to take it back because the first two discs i tried wouldn't work with my blu-ray player or my computer. If you have a straight DVD player, it would probably work but double-check BB&B's return policy just in case.
  • NJD2885
    NJD2885 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but have heard good things about it! I go to classes locally in the town I live in.
  • Angelica1985
    Options
    I have Zumba on my Wii and I absolutely love it!!! There's nothing like a fun workout. It makes the time fly by and it works your entire body.
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes, the dvds are good and are pretty easy to follow. They break the moves down in steps, and you can see different angles. 'The music will definitely get you moving, and it's a good workout. A lot of the moves work your core, and I have to say it's the only thing that's ever made my waist smaller! You really should consider trying an actual class, though, because if you have the right instructor and an upbeat group of people, it's very motivating!
  • janehend
    janehend Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I bought it a few weeks ago and I really like it. I also have the Wii Zumba and I like the DVD's better. There are several workouts with different length DVD's. It is a fun workout and I sweat like crazy. I like the "Ripped" workout the best but the Zumba sticks are too light.
  • giselle71
    giselle71 Posts: 19
    Options
    I live on the island of Trinidad, in the Caribbean and I purchased the entire Exhilirate system complete with toning sticks online...I must tell you that it's best amount of money I have ever spent!!! 3 minutes into your workout, the sweat is pouring off of you. Not to mention the fact that it's a whole heap of fun! It's amazing! Oh yeah, the WII Zumba is great too! But I prefer the DVDs....
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I go to classes at my gym 4 days a week and I also have Zumba for the Wii....classes are much more fun to me!!! I LOVE Zumba!!!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Got a Kinect? I have Zumba Rush and like it...
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I did live classes, dvds and the Wii.. I actually preferred the Zumba 3 for the wii the best.

I bought the dvds from QVC and got extra bonuses but after awhile I got bored with the dvds.. even though I had 9 of them.. the wii had much more variety to choose from.. and the live classes in my area were geared toward an older crowd and were to slow for me..
  • flipperu
    flipperu Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, the dvds are good and are pretty easy to follow. They break the moves down in steps, and you can see different angles. 'The music will definitely get you moving, and it's a good workout. A lot of the moves work your core, and I have to say it's the only thing that's ever made my waist smaller! You really should consider trying an actual class, though, because if you have the right instructor and an upbeat group of people, it's very motivating!

Thank you! I find most of these posts very helpful! Unfortunately i dont have that much money to pay for monthly classes so i prefer to buy something once and motivate myself to keep on at it!
    I would definitely like to try this out. Thank you for the input!
  • flipperu
    flipperu Posts: 5
    Options
    Apparently it's really good. I picked it up a couple weeks ago, but I had to take it back because the first two discs i tried wouldn't work with my blu-ray player or my computer. If you have a straight DVD player, it would probably work but double-check BB&B's return policy just in case.

Oh wow! Thanks for letting me know about that! From what the comments say i will try this one out since i dont have a wii or kinect =P
    And i will keep what you said about the dvd's in mind. Thanks so much!