hello!

Options
my name is jenna and i'm 18 years old. i'll be starting university in a month and with this big new change in my life, i think it's the perfect time to do a complete overhaul. i've been putting it off and making excuses for many years now, and i've struggled with my weight as long as i can remember. now is the time to go for it - i want to be happy, healthy and confident and now that i'm transitioning into adulthood, it's time to take responsibility for my health. i can't wait to get started on this journey...hopefully i can meet some great people and find motivation & inspiration on these boards!

Replies

• sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel girl. I've been making excuses as to not lose weight and I've struggled with my weight for at least 7 years now. But you CAN DO IT! I and many other people have faith in the people who join this website. Because guess what? You're already starting just by joining this site and trying to live an even better lifestyle. You can do it! And don't let anyone EVER tell you that you cannot or will not do this. Because you can! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Oh to be 18 again! Welcome! You have come to the right place to make a change, if you really want to put forth the effort. We can't make you do it, but we can cheer you on, give you tips, and be the biggest support group you could ever find. For me it was like finding AA or NA, because the other people here were going through what I am going through, and understood me. Goodluck on your journey, and if you need a extra friend, feel free to add me!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you! You can do this. If I can do this, anyone can.
    Hugs, :drinker: (water)
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Good luck on your journey . . .you can do it!! This is a great site for helpful tools & lots of support and motivation so be sure to use it daily!! :smile:
  • lorrigarcia
    Options
    Good Luck and you can friend me if you are in need of a supportive MFP friend :)