Night Eating!

For all you night eaters out there...HELP! I'm not really a nighttt eater exactly..what i mean is that ill start the day off awesome with some egg whites and ham and OJ and then by the night time for dinner im eating a burrito! I don't know what part of me just stops caring about my health towards the end of the day but its gotta stop! Maybe i just slowly become more tired throughout the day and less motivated to eat healthy? Idk but it sucks! Does anyone else do this?? How can i break my patern!

Replies

• atomhavok
    atomhavok Posts: 12 Member
    I used to do this all the time until i realized i was not going anywhere in my fitness and health goals

So i decided to fast as long as i could all day and then eat what ever i wanted as long as it fit my macros. kind of like intermediate fasting and flexible dieting.
    I used this for a while, as long as you get some healthy foods in and as long as you fit your macros there is no reason not to enjoy the foods you love. Just hold out and fast for 16 to 18 hours. Center it in your sleep, so don't eat to late, but as long as you are in a caloric deficit and hit all your macros you will be fine within the 6 to 8 hour time frame you have to eat.

Another way is the ability to eat large a quantity of carbs during a refeed... but this is centred around a refeed day when you are on a caloric deficit for a period of time. you can eat a bunch of ****, but still have to hit macros.

Another way is to work your *kitten* off at the gym to get into enough of a deficit that you are able to eat that way, but still hitting your macros.

All i am saying is just make sure you hit your macros and know what is more important in life, your goals or that burrito, if it is the food, then something needs to change.
  • tptouchdown
    tptouchdown Posts: 30 Member
    You may not be eating enough during the day and you are compensating by eating too much in the evening. Try to eat smaller meals and eat more often... Give your body time to adjust. Also, preplan your meals. If I eat what I am in the mood for, I tend to eat more. Plan the meal ahead of time based on a plan for the day. This is easier than it sounds, because once you get into the routine you will start to adjust to the amount of food that you get each day.
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Do you start your day with a plan of exactly what food you will be eating? When I decided to focus on what I was eating and clean up my diet I made a meal plan for the entire day of what I would be eating: Breakfast, am snack, lunch, pm snack, dinner.

Ask yourself if you want to "undo" the hard work from the beginning of the day.
    But my best suggestion would be to have a specific plan of what you will be eating and then follow it.
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    The first thing I log in the morning, before I've even eaten anything, is a QuickAdded 300 calories. I go through the rest of my day accordingly with what remains, and stay under the remaining goal. At the end of the day, when I'm feeling like snacking, I take out the 300 calories and then I have those calories left to eat! It works really well for me, if you can keep the discipline throughout the day and persuade yourself that you've already eaten those calories so you still stay under during the day. It basically just amounts to eating less during the day so I can eat more at night, but it helps me to actually stick to that and actually plan how much I can eat at night without planning exactly what I want to eat.
  • ShaeLovelyy
    ShaeLovelyy Posts: 55
    Alright thanks guys! Im already at my goal weight, im just doing more of a fitness thing now and trying to get toned and stronger. I know alot of that comes from good eating. Ill take all your ideas into consideration and try some out! =D