How bad will it set me back eating less than 1200 Kcal?

Before anyone tries to jump down my throat, I've been sick. My head hurts, throat hurts, and anytime I eat I want to go throw up. Today I've done all I can to choke down a 4 oz chicken breast and a baked (well microwaved) potatoe with a little butter (usually something I can eat with an upset stomach). Today I'm at 733 calories, and if I try to eat anymore I'm going to be sick. And not to mention all I want to do is curl up in bed and do nothing. So how bad will this set me back if this goes on for a few days?

Replies

• M_miller0507
    M_miller0507 Posts: 16 Member
    If you're sick for a few days and can't keep food down then focus on getting better and not on whether you're setting back weight loss. You'll be fine with a few lower days if that's what you need.

Just make sure you're eating enough and enough vitamin packed foods to get yourself better. And sleep and drink water!
  • tptouchdown
    tptouchdown Posts: 30 Member
    Dont' be too concerned of something that is short term (like being sick) and absolutely don't compensate later. The point is to be consistent and let your body adjust. Just work on feeling better. Make sure you are getting the vitamins your body needs and get back to watching the calories when you feel better.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    the rules don't apply when you're sick and under 1200 for a few days. What's bad if you are CONSISTENTLY under. That's when your body will start thinking "hey, the food supply is drying up out there-- better conserve what I can!"
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Under eating causes damage in time...but not just a week or so of being sick. I say do not worry about it and get back on the wagon as soon as you are well.