Just starting

Options
Hi all,

I'm 37, and weight creeps up on me very easily, because I am well proportioned, I don't notice it at first. I find it very frustrating how it is much easier to put weight on than it is to take it off. I have 20 pounds to lose, BMI is 28. If I dont lose 5 in 1 month I will have to buy a whole new fall wardrobe in a larger size. My first day of calorie and exercise tracking was positive with 500 extra calories burned, then the next day was very disappointing with 600 extra calories consumed. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. I hope that this tracking system will finally be the answer to my prayers in this battle.

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can do it! I really love this site, I think you will too.
  • KrissyD70
    Options
    Hi, I think you will find that MFP has the tools to help you lose. I have lost 13 pounds this month using the calorie counter. Just make sure you record every single bite of food. Good luck!!!
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love this site too -- my weight loss has been slow and steady, but what I love about this site is you realize others are in the same exact boat. And that makes this journey so much more enjoyable.

I'm just thrilled to be under 200 and slowly getting ready to be under 190.

:drinker:
    Cheers to you for joining.

~Tamie
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You can do it, I'm the world's worst and I find this way of tracking what you eat and exercise the best way to lose weight. Good luck with your first week x
  • MimsDR
    MimsDR Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi JoJo,

I'm only starting myself - just completed day 4 - and I really wish I only had 20 lbs to lose !!

This site is grat fun - the girls are soo good at encouraging and motivating each other - you'll love it !!

Keep it up - do your food tracker every day and you'll be well on the way by Fall !!

Mims. :wink: