plus size workout wear

Options
Where do you plus size ladies get your workout wear? I'm probably a size 2x or 3x in bottoms which is what I really need. I have no problem finding t shirts. I really need to stay cheap with this since I am hoping my sizes will change and I'd rather not shell out $30 for a pair of shorts that are falling off in a couple of months.

Any ideas?

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    walmarts danskin brand i believe goes up to a 2x or 3x....i know that walmart also carries the hanes brand and they have some cute workout clothes.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Old Navy
    JCPenney
  • kingsdaughter72
    kingsdaughter72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    walmart sells workout stuff cheap .....
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Target
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I wear old navy, Walmart might have some too
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has some good ones. If you've never signed up with them before, join their e-mail club. You will be a 20% off coupon in your in box (I got mine immediately). Also, free shipping if your order is over $50. I got some for Mother's day, I really like them. The shirts are longer than I expected. I got one regular tank and one compression tank. Many of the reviewers said to order a size up---other said the point of compression is to be very tight. I was at the very bottom of the 3X, and I wasn't ready to try 2x. My shirt is form fitting, but it isn't difficult to move or breath. This may be in part because my chest (what I measured for size chart) is much larger than my belly, so I had plenty of room.)

I also got a pair of compression pants. Again, I stayed with my size according to the size chart. They are very clingy, but not uncomfortably tight. Apparently my lower calves are thinner than most women who wear 3x because mine are baggy around the ankles.

If you want to see what they look like on a real person (instead of a model) you can see them on my blog. For comparison, I'm currently at 268 (from 306) with a 44DDD (from 48DDD). I wear size 26 pants. And I'm 5'7"

http://halfajulie.blogspot.com/2013/05/nsv-time.html
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Leggings and a vest top...

im a uk size 18/20, so i dont go outside in them lol

brought from places like primark, littlewoods, m&s... even tesco/asda
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone on here, almost every workout thing i own is either Old Navy, Danskin or target. I find that if I like the way I dress working out, i feel less frumpy and I actually like wearing my workout wear outside of the gym if i can. :) i ordered i size down in bottoms since most stretch so they last longer. good luck!
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bells Outlet has a lot of plus size bottoms in active where. the Danskin brand at walmart does hava "2x" but if you read the size on it it will tell you that their "2x" is only a size 20 and they don't go over that. Its the same with all the active wear at wallmart their biggest size is a size 20. Bells outlet I think is the cheapest place you can buy plus size active wear.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Old Navy.

So far my favorite place to buy workout gear. I like that it's also inexpensive, I hate spending good money on clothes I intend to shrink out of.

:smile:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I second Old Navy and Target. Walmart has stuff cheaper, but you can definitely tell the quality is not the same.

Old Navy pants are my favorite, compression pants suck everything in and make me feel OK going to work out in form fitting pants. They're very smoothing, and if I'm jogging, they work really well to keep the belly from bouncing.

ETA: At a US size 22/24, the in-store XXL fits me great.
  • Suzie5678
    Suzie5678 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If low price is a big consideration, try the stretch leggings, capris and bike shorts from Woman Within (mail order). Inexpensive, decent quality, and they keep their shape pretty well. I do all my working out at home though, no gym, so I'm not all that concerned about wicking sweat or holding the jiggling down, just comfort. At 2/$30, they're a great value and easily replaced as you lose.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Walmart; it's cheap and hopefully you won't need your current size very long. There is no sense in spending a lot of money : )
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Target and K-Mart.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Old Navy....that's where I got mine.

ETA - I still wear the XL workout stretch pants, even though I am down to a large, because they stretch so much they fit several sizes so you may find you can wear some of the pants longer than if they were jeans or khakis.
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    I shop at JCPenneys. I always look for the sales, I have been able to get workout capris for $10 EA. And they are spandex so they will still fit as I shrink.
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant has some great capris right now. They are 26.95 which is a little pricey but totally worth it. They fit well and move with you.
  • TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    JC Penny :) Order online too if you can they have a lot more options than in store!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Walmart and JC Penny. I find most athletic stores cater to people who are already fit. I'm not plus-sized anymore but I'm not exactly "fit" yet either.