How do you stay motivated?

Options
When you're already at a healthy weight, how do you motivate yourself to cut calories and exercise daily in order to lose five more pounds?

If there's no motivation, is it time to give up dieting and just live healthy?

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I find the parts of me that I am not happy with (like the handful of gut I can still grab that looks terribad when I bend over) and tell myself that cutting calories for a little longer will lower that, as well as the other areas that could still use some work.

Find something to focus on, whether something you can see, grab, or measure (the measuring tape helps me a lot), and remember that when making your choices on exercise and/or food. Best of luck!
  • ChelseaAClanton89
    ChelseaAClanton89 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea for a motivator...thanks!
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    Options
    I log onto pinterest and look at all the motivating quotes and pictures of women I aspire to look like and it gives me all the motivation I need.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I tell myself " You can be a sikkunt if u wanna be "
  • chicaboo7878
    chicaboo7878 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tell myself the best time to do it , is when you don't feel like it.. that means you need it most!
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I look at where i started from.....i could barely finish 15 minutes of Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred Level 1 workout when i started....was in agony with sore muscles for 4 days.....
    I've completed Jillian's Ripped in 30, done a couple weeks of 6 week 6 pack, and taebo and now i'm in week 3 of Insanity......

That is my motivation!
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how hot you are!
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I log onto pinterest and look at all the motivating quotes and pictures of women I aspire to look like and it gives me all the motivation I need.

Same here!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have liked a crap ton of fitness and bodybuilding pages on facebook. My wall is about half full of fitness stuff, from motivational sayings to pics of people that I aspire to attain their body type. Logging on and scrolling through my wall keeps me pretty dang motivated.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    By staying away from these lazy losers.

zlfbd0.jpg
  • akorb7
    akorb7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I never reply to these things, but I just started reading them and decided this was a good one to reply to. I am in the exact same situation as you are, I lost 50 pounds about a year ago and am now at a healthy weight..but with swimsuit season coming up, I want to lose about 7 pounds. Motivation is hard at this point! What helps me is magazines. Not just looking at them, but using them for reminders. There is this one magazine that comes to my house that I would always throw away (it was for the person who lived there prior to us.) I started looking at it and found a dress I really liked. I thought to myself, "I'd look way better in that dress if I lost 7 pounds." I cut it out, hung it up in the bathroom mirror, and now am forced to remind myself how great I'd look in that dress 7 pounds lighter EVERY MORNING! I also cut out pictures and posted them on the refrigerator. That way, everytime I want that ice cream- I have to decide whether I want the ice cream or the body.

Hope that helps!!
  • ChelseaAClanton89
    ChelseaAClanton89 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the extra push :)

Motivation restored!
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Its become a habit for me. Motivation is temporary, but habit is what keeps you going. Make fitness a habit..