Meal planning help!!!

I need some ideas please. I'm open to try new foods. The problem is that I don't know how to cook healthy. I have tried before but it just tastes bad. For example, I have seen many people eat asparagus but how do you cook it healthy and delicious at the same time? I want to at least have some meals planned for 4-5 days. Also...anybody recommend some good replacement shakes/meals for breakfast. I am usually super busy in the mornings with my girls so I want something quick and easy to try. Thanks!!

Replies

• holberta93
    holberta93 Posts: 2
    Hey. I'm really busy in the mornings as well (college student). So I normally boil some water in a hot water heater and pour it over a cup or two of oatmeal (not instant) with a spoon of brown sugar, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a fourth of a cut up apple.
    With the left over apple I cut it into slices, place in a bowl with a spoon full of peanut butter for a snack later.
    Hope this helps make things easy.
  • I made "fish tacos" for lunch today. It is tuna mixed with anything you want, and spread on iceberg lettuce leaves (like taco shells). Super low cal. I like it with mustard, but another good recipe is tuna with mayo, black olives, lemon juice and cilantro.

Hope this helps!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    grill bake or broil a lean protein try you hand at different seasonings

i buy organic brown rice from trader joes that you microwave

i steam some broccoli or saute or stir fry some other types of veggies in the wok
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Asparagus is great when cooked with chopped onion and garlic, tomato, mushroom, and seasoned with lemon pepper. Put it in foil "pouches" with a small drizzle of olive oil and bake in the oven til tender.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    I toss my asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle it good with sea salt and pepper. I actually roast it in my toaster oven on about 400 for maybe 10 minutes. I like it with a little crispiness to it, not limp. It is delicious!!!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    I like asparagus fried in a tbsp of butter. Eating eggs is about as easy as you can get. You can microwave em and add a little cheese, high protein, low carb. I think it's easiest to make one big meal, and portion out servings for future meals. That way you only really gotta cook once a day
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Im not much of a cook I usually do crock pot dishes or super simple things like thin chicken sprinkled with garlic powder, salt & pepper then just shortly before it is done I sprinkle it with 2% shredded cheddar then serve with salsa or steak on my forman grill is really easy too. But for things like veggies I like to use the frozen steam fresh bags I find them very easy to do & they taste good.
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Check out pinterest.com. There are all kinds of healthy recipes on there. And so many of them are healthy and taste awesome!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    I don't think anyway you cook asparagus would be good!! Yuck!! LOL!! I steam yellow squash, zucchini & onion together. I love it!! Especially since fresh veg's are starting to come out!!
    Grill, bake, fish, chicken, even lean sirloin. Yum!! I also do a lot of protein shakes to fill in when I'm not really hungry but have to eat.
  • I have used Asparagus with beef in a stir fry before. It was really good, but Asparagus is not one of my favorite vegetables so I have to mix it with something else. I don't really eat breakfast foods. Unless it is eggs or something like that. My breakfast is usually 5 in the evening when I get up.
  • MoreLikeMe43
    MoreLikeMe43 Posts: 21 Member
    ChefMD got me started on sauteed Brussels sprouts (divine!), and I like to make a big pot of Rachel Ray's curried carrot soup to have on hand all week (a little bit before a meal keeps me from overdoing other stuff if I'm eating what the rest of the family is eating). I'm also eating lots of cauliflower (raw, mashed, roasted, boiled....)(the mashed is kind of my new comfort food -- filing and low-cal).
  • RickyLuvsMary4ever
    RickyLuvsMary4ever Posts: 56 Member
    I got the easy meal plan from the web

find it here http://www.gymjunkies.com/weight-loss-diet/

This was so simple!

Five small meals a day, lean meats and a water based veggie, a few servings of fruit and nuts.

Now, that I had a place to start I broke down (because I am lazy and I used to love to eat fast food) and started to cook my meals at home and pack lunches.

I cook my lean meats for 3 or for meals at a time, I use a food scale to weigh exact portions.

Lean meats in one single serve bowl and frozen veggies (broccoli, stringbeans, or a mix of broccoli and mixed veggies) in another bowl , by lunch time the veggies have thawed, I dump it all on one plate and stick it in the microwave, meals in minutes.

Cooking food like this has worked so well I just feed everyone in my household the same way. I have a house of picky and lazy eaters so this method has been a godsend, with good results. My boyfriend dropped 13 pounds with out trying and my sister has lost weight too.

Before I used to cook easy stuff to feed us, like pasta and rice dishes... Now everyone is on the lean meat and veggie portion control plan and loving the results on the scale.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/confuzzled4ever

lots of recipes.. quick easy healthy low calorie