5K enough time to train

Options
Ok so i always do two Breast cancer 5ks a year (lost my mom), one Race for the Cure and one Making Strides..anyhow..I am considering adding a run in..do you think I have enough time to effectively train for a 5K for a September 26 race? I currently workout 1-2 hours a day and just started running some on Friday..Not sure if this is a reasonable goal to be able to at least jog most of the route..

Replies

• zeeohhsix
    Options
    I think thats an achievable goal here is a novice traing scheduele http://www.halhigdon.com/5K Training/5-Knovice.htm its basically an 8 week training scheduele but you can likley make it !!!! Good luck
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    If you are anything like me (and we have a TON of things in common!), ANYTHING you do for your Mom will be met with success! I lost my Mom at the age of 47 the same way. You just KNOW she is watching over you to guide you along! Do it! I think you are definitely determined enough to. Where is the 5K at? Good luck! :heart:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Ok so i always do two Breast cancer 5ks a year (lost my mom), one Race for the Cure and one Making Strides..anyhow..I am considering adding a run in..do you think I have enough time to effectively train for a 5K for a September 26 race? I currently workout 1-2 hours a day and just started running some on Friday..Not sure if this is a reasonable goal to be able to at least jog most of the route..

It's plenty of time, get to it, you will do great! :flowerforyou:
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    There are two in the same weekend debating on which one will be nicer (both will be a little bit of a drive)- one is Toledo, OH, one is Cincinnati, OH .. trying to figure out which would have less people in case I fall on my rump LOL.. My mom was 52 years old, I am a Komen volunteer and on the Race Committee in Columbus so I get to help plan. It's always fun to see what other cities are doing. My goal is to try to walk 2 and run one every year...