CALLING ALL MUMMIES!!

Options
I'd love to hear from other mums about their weightloss journey and reshaping their bodies after having children. I have ten kilos i'd still like to lose, but i still seem to be stuck with this damn fat pooch on my lower stomach and I WANT IT GONE!!! haha. Advice? inspiration? Anyone?

Replies

• EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    In for inspiration myself... I am having a hard time with this lately, after all my hard work I still have a lower stomach I am ashamed of :ohwell:
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm also curious ...
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    here is some inspiration-
    before pregnancy my weight ranged from 140 lbs to 150lbs
    I was 140 when I got pregnant, over 180 at delivery.
    I am now at 128 lbs, my lowest adult weight!!!
    I am 5'3".
  • petamanarcarolyn
    Options
    I am also at my lowest weight since I can remember, even before I had children, haha. And Im relatively happy with the rest of my body. Its the lower part of the stomach that im finding very hard to get rid of :-(
  • petamanarcarolyn
    Options
    I know, bikini season is terrible because Im hating that part of my body!! dammit!!
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else think of this or is it just me?

295wmt3.gif
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Even though i'm at my goal weight, I still have some of my lower "pouch". It is getting tighter & flatter from the side view. I'm just going to keep working at it and hope that it continues to improve.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    Options
    I am also at my lowest weight since I can remember, even before I had children, haha. And Im relatively happy with the rest of my body. Its the lower part of the stomach that im finding very hard to get rid of :-(

Yep, I can honestly say that I am in the best shape of my life fitness and health wise... My arms and legs and back have actual visible muscle but my stomach is really bad. I know SOMETHING has to help this, besides a tumy tuck.
  • petamanarcarolyn
    Options
    ladies, I may also add, just a little trick, you can try and see how you go..... Using pure olive and pure coconut oil. On the area where my pouch is I felt like the skin looked a lot worse than anywhere else and my stretch marks were not too flattering. For the last month I have alternated, Using coconut oil every night, and olive oil once a week after my evening showers. I massage it into the area and it has really helped improve the look of the skin and my stretch marks in a little over a month. I tried bio-oil etc for months on end, to no avail, this combination I am now using is so cheap and its been much more effective for me :-)
  • petamanarcarolyn
    Options
    Did anyone else think of this or is it just me?

what do you mean? :-)

295wmt3.gif
  • AmandaBiggs09
    AmandaBiggs09 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My friend has been doing the max ab workout on Insanity for the last 3 weeks and her's is almost gone. There was a big difference in just 8 days. I did 30 day shred for 2 weeks and mine went down but not as much as hers. I tried the insanity one today. My fitness level is not where it should be to get through that whole workout..but I'm going to keep going.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I would like to know, how many of you were already losing weight here on MFP, when you found out you were pregnant and did you stop losing weight at that point and switched to maintenance? OR, did you keep eating at a healthy deficit?

I am asking because I just took a test. I have lost 13 pounds but I am still around 15 pounds overweight. Is it safe for me to still lose weight, not at a fast rate but at 1/2 to 1 pound per week while Im pregnant?
  • petamanarcarolyn
    Options
    I would like to know, how many of you were already losing weight here on MFP, when you found out you were pregnant and did you stop losing weight at that point and switched to maintenance? OR, did you keep eating at a healthy deficit?

I am asking because I just took a test. I have lost 13 pounds but I am still around 15 pounds overweight. Is it safe for me to still lose weight, not at a fast rate but at 1/2 to 1 pound per week while Im pregnant?

Id realy have no idea?....sorry lol. maybe thats something you may need to speak to a doctor/ nutritionist about??
  • petamanarcarolyn
    Options
    My friend has been doing the max ab workout on Insanity for the last 3 weeks and her's is almost gone. There was a big difference in just 8 days. I did 30 day shred for 2 weeks and mine went down but not as much as hers. I tried the insanity one today. My fitness level is not where it should be to get through that whole workout..but I'm going to keep going.

Where do i find this workout??!!!!!! help!! hahahaha :-)
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have the pregnancy pooch too....i started wearing a latex compression suit while i workout and under my clothes....it makes me sweat and i truly believe it has shrunk my pooch...it is sooo much smaller than it used to be...i will continue to wear it to help shape my body...its the same kind of suit people wear to shape their bodies after surgery.....

This is what i do...i got the idea off of a girls youtube channel..she had a ton of weight to lose and she wore it for her "extra" skin and when she was done she had no exccess skin!!...btw....im not a medical professional..or blah blah blah..you know lol
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

You should not keep losing weight, but you can definitely still log calories and work out to stay in shape! You can talk to your dr about what your calorie intake should be
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes?

Oh, wait.....the other kind of mummies.

=D
  • CramerWife
    CramerWife Posts: 18
    Options
    I just had my second kid 14 days ago and on my journey to regain the athletic body I once had. I YouTube everything for awesome workouts and there's a lot out there for good AB workouts :)) I suggest doing that! Good luck and feel free to add me if you'd like to.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    Options
    I have the pregnancy pooch too....i started wearing a latex compression suit while i workout and under my clothes....it makes me sweat and i truly believe it has shrunk my pooch...it is sooo much smaller than it used to be...i will continue to wear it to help shape my body...its the same kind of suit people wear to shape their bodies after surgery.....

This is what i do...i got the idea off of a girls youtube channel..she had a ton of weight to lose and she wore it for her "extra" skin and when she was done she had no exccess skin!!...btw....im not a medical professional..or blah blah blah..you know lol

I will look into that, thanks! I figure I am willing to try alot of things and find out what works!!
  • petamanarcarolyn
    Options

I will look into that, thanks! I figure I am willing to try alot of things and find out what works!!

Id also read that somewhere but hadnt looked much into it... It does sound like a great idea :-) my sister is currently doing that too so ill let her know shes not the only one... i should try it but I sweat soooooo much when i workout i dont know if I could handle it, but anything is worth a shot :-) thanks