Hello, I'm new.

Options
Hello everybody. my name is Jennifer- just call me Jennifer. Haha, that was a horrible joke. Sorry, I'm really horrible at introductions, so I'll just jump right into it.

I'm recovered/recovering from an eating disorder, and mainly I'm here because I'm hoping that actually keeping track of everything will help me towards recovery in a healthier way. I guess it'll seem more real if I keep track here, somehow, and it should also be easier to see how I'm doing, since it will all be in one spot, here on this website.

(I'm also kind of hoping that maybe someone else on here will understand what I'm going through with my recovery efforts, which, honestly, are not going very well at all. It would be nice to be able to find someone who understands.)

Um, feel free to ask me questions. I really don't know what else to say, so I'll just say that I hope to get to know some of you!

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jennifer!! This is a great way to track your food and help you with your recovery. There is a lot of support and motivation.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    I hope this site will help you, Good luck with your recovery. I am sure there are others in the same boat
  • GODZKREATION
    Options
    Welcme ! We are all glad to have you aboard. We could ALL use the support ! :-)
  • secretscribbled
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I can already tell that this will be a good place.
  • goldspaula
    goldspaula Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi Jennifer,

Welcome and so understand and want to support your efforts. I have a sister that is just over a year younger than me. He suffered from bulimia for decades after losing two hundred pounds after a gastric bypass. I love food and went the other way, just always overweight. :D Both sides of the spectrum with eating disorders. Keep up the good work and never stop fighting.

My sister is dong great. Up to a healthy 150 after nearly dying at 80 pounds!!! She is happier now than she has ever been.

I look forward to your posts!
  • secretscribbled
    Options
    Thank you for understanding.

I'm glad that your sister is healthier now!