Weight Loss/Eating/Net Calories please help

Options
Hello. I'm really confused about calories/net calories and basically just weight loss in general and looking for some help.

Let me just start off by saying my main goal is to be HEALTHY, and to lose weight in a HEALTHY manner. I am a 16 year old girl, 5'8 and currently 150 pounds. It is my goal to lose 20 more pounds in 3/4 months. I weighed around 160 back in January. I started working out and eating clean in around mid February, meaning I have lost roughly 10 pounds in 3 months. I eat completely clean. NO fast food or soda, only water and green tea. Only whole wheat bread. I will also add that I am a vegetarian, but I take supplements and get my protein elsewhere. For the past three months I have been working out everyday (1 rest day a week) for 1-3 hours each day. I started with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, then did Ripped in 30, and I am not on day 10 of Beachbody's insanity. On top of these workout DVD's I alternate jogging/elliptical daily and some butt/thigh work. Personally, I feel with all of this work I should have lost more than 10 pounds? Does it sound like I'm doing anything wrong? And this also brings me to my next question.

Am I eating enough? Usually I consume 1500-1900 calories (all healthy foods) and the occasional 2000-2200. With my exercise of 1-3 hours per day, I'm burning around 400-1000 calories. Usually my net is 850-1100. I have had a "net" of under 850 before though, sometimes even 700 ish (rarely). Is this too low for me? Let me remind you that I am only 16 and still growing. Is this why I havn't lost more than 10 pounds in 3 months? I have heard of your body going into "starvation mode" but I don't feel like mine is. I feel quite energized almost ALL the time. I've heard that dizziness is a sign of your body being in starvation mode. I sometimes get dizzy spells but I have gone to multiple doctors and I have found out it's just from low blood pressure.

So basically if you read through all that, my question is, am I eating enough with the intense workouts that I do? Why am I not losing more weight? I really just want to reach my goal of 130 pounds by September.

All responses/feedback are greatly appreciated!!! :smile:
- Emily

Replies

• emilymayzes
    emilymayzes Posts: 19
    Options
    BUMP please help
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    Hi Emily,

I can probably help you out a bit. I really like to know what a daily meal consumption is. Diet is most important; along with that is what you eat and when. You need a balance between your carbs (fruits, veggies, and grains) along with the fats and proteins you eat each day. Also your workouts and the amount of calories you are burning. Are you using a heart rate monitor or another way to calculate your calories burned.

This info can help me give you a suggestion.