Girl problems :/

Options
Okay, so every month about a few days to a week before my period, I always have this HUGE urge to just eat everything in sight!
I was wondering if anyone else had these problems, and if you do, how do you cope?
Any advice will help because it's just terrible :/

Replies

• wacarr
    wacarr Posts: 25
    Options
    Ummm most definitely. In the same boat right now. I get huge cravings for chocolate. I really really wanted to gorge on eating a bunch of reeses and any kind of chocolate I could put my hang on. But I fought through it and instead ate 15 Hershey's dark chocolate chips the kind you use for cookies and a half a banana with PB2. Enough to satisfy my chocolate and peanut butter urges without having to spend a lot of calories. I love the chocolate chips though because they satisfy my chocolate cravings and I can eat them slowly while still feeling like I have a lot :smile:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Thanks, now I've got Jay-Z stuck in my head. I'm not havin' girl problems, so he doesn't have to feel bad for me.
  • marydhastings
    marydhastings Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    See although I love chocolate, I don't crave it like I do bread and starches. Like, doughnuts and bread itself and pasta and potatoes.. omg yum haha
    But I do know that everyone craves differently around that time of month. Maybe i should do like you, and find something small yet satisfying that will take the edge off.
    -thinks-
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Exercise and other distractions help. Drink a ton of water - sometimes you think you're hungry when you're really just thirsty. Eat small amounts of dark chocolate - it's so strong you don't need a lot to calm the cravings.
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    I try to keep the crunchy snacks available carrots & celery and peanut butter. The crunch keeps your mouth busy and a tiny bit of peanut butter makes it taste like a treat. That's my 2 cents.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Thanks, now I've got Jay-Z stuck in my head. I'm not havin' girl problems, so he doesn't have to feel bad for me.

me too.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling its crazy all the sudden I must eat everything its so annoying ,wasnt always this way but after my daughters things are different stupid hormones.So far i have caved on ocasssion oh well more exercise it is.

More water doesnt fix my issue it just gives me that swishy feeling in my stomach and I get motion sickness,after it passes Im still hungry ,my body wants food it wants food so what if a day I eat a little more the world wont end as long as its only once or so a month.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...But I fought through it and instead ate 15 Hershey's dark chocolate chips the kind you use for cookies...

LOL! I put 15 dark choc chips and an ounce of walnuts or almonds in a small bowl and slowly savor the chocolate bites interspersed with nut bites. (Plus the nuts have plenty of slow digesting healthy fats to keep you feeling full longer.)
  • skweekerz
    skweekerz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A little chocolate will not hurt you. I say indulge. I have the same problem, I get a major sweet tooth, so I eat a piece of chocolate or a cookie and sweet tooth is gone.
    Good Luck in whatever you choose.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    There's no medical need to menstruate. You can get a simple procedure done or take medication to make this stop.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I hate that time of month. hate. hate. hate it. enough said.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Like clockwork, about a few days before my period I get ragey, tired, impatient, hungry...etc. The WORKS.

I would just make sure you get your vitamins, dont skimp on the exercise and just eat when youre hungry. Everything else will balance itself out.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    ya i do
    i get 100 calerie snack packs - the cookie ones
    and i eat big meals
    drink lots of water
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I get like that too! I just try really hard to pay attention to my diary and remind myself that I've eaten my normal amounts and am fine. Every few months I usually end up caving but it's been much better with MFP.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I get that same urge to eat and I'm not even a girl. So if we both get the urge, it must not be period related :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I just feel like I am sinking with someone right now!!
    Pass me the chocolate.
  • KristiLeighS
    KristiLeighS Posts: 112
    Options
    I totally understand the feeling. It is like my stomach is a bottomless pit! What I have figured out though is that if I eat a cleaner diet then I don't crave as much garbage. That way I can have a huge salad and not rack up as many calories. If you like starches make some sweet potato fries baked in the oven and put a little cheese on top of them. you just have to find healthier substitutions. That way even if you go over a little you can still feel okay about it because you are giving your body good foods and healthy fats loaded with nutritional value. That is why we feel like we need to eat everything in sight because our bodies need that nutrition before and after menstruation because we are losing iron and other nutrients.
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    There's no medical need to menstruate. You can get a simple procedure done or take medication to make this stop.

Lol... I seriously hope you are kidding.
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate, peanuts, and nuts are healthy. No guilt there.
    If you experiment and pay attention, you can find foods that do satisfy you without leading to a binge. For me, a chocolate covered frozen banana satisfies me for the rest of the evening.
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Options
    Perfectly normal - because your caloric needs DO increase by a couple hundred per day, based on hormones.