Very bad cellulite - can I get rid of it?

Options
Hey all!

I've always been riddled with cellulite on my thighs my entire life to the point where I'm extremely self conscious to wear shorts. I've lost almost 60 pounds now (10 pounds before I joined this website), and I know that I'm a lot smaller since I've gone from size 14-16 to a size 8/9, yet my legs are horrendous. They have a little jiggle still but the fact that there's dimples and even a little bulge on my right leg is a scary sight.
So, even though diet and exercise won't work, is there ANY possible way to do this? I'm desperate here! I would love to feel confident in my shorts! :(

Replies

• monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Here's what my right leg looks like.. do you notice how uneven it is? I don't think it's possible to get rid of that.
    wtfcellulite_zps1f8666ae.jpg
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Lowering your body fat is the for sure way. Incorporating some heavy weight lifting along the way will also help.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    As far as I understand, cellulite is nothing more than unevenly distributed fat. So lose the fat=lose the cellulite. Some people are more genetically predisposed to have it, but the less fat you have, the less it'll show up.

Hope that helps.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite when I was in the 180s & 170s, I started losing weight & doing Pilates & it's completely vanished since then.
  • EmmieCar86
    EmmieCar86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    go to the search and put in cellulite and a bunch of this
    same topic will come up and there's some
    good info in some of them! I just looked at a few the other day :)
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    stay away from saturated fats!:smile:
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    this may sound tedious but studies show that if you vigorously massage lotion on cellulite for 15 minutes per day you will see a reduction in 4-6 weeks. But that's a lot of time and crazy *kitten* lotion rubbing lol
  • monstergirl14
    Options
    It seems like the more weight I lose, the worse it gets. I am doing some weight training, but I guess I should step up my game. Frig it's so embarrassing.
  • monstergirl14
    Options
    stay away from saturated fats!:smile:

I got a low fat, low sugar diet. Well.. I have good fats such as omega 3, but none of the crap that isn't any good to you at all.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    SQUATS!
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    this^^
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Mine disappears when I stick to paleo eating. I think eating grains must retain puffiness or something? (and I still eat carbs, just fruit or sweet potato type carbs) Let's just say I've been SUPER happy with my butt since I went paleo!! (and the rest of my body. I'm working out less than I used to, and I look a million times more toned).

Don't know if this would apply to everyone, but it sure works for me!!!
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    Hi,

You are going to want the balance diet. Somewhere around 40%protein/35%carb/25%fat - and try to have all your fats - monounsaturated and some poly - Monounsaturated fats are healthier, they have less hydrogen then the poly's which are also good for you. examples of mono - avocados, almonds, olive oil.. Also include fiber about 25-30 grams a day. Fiber also helps with eliminating fat - Chia Seeds, Whole grains, Apples, pears are good sources.

Finally working out, this leads to building the muscle. Muscle Eats FAT - Tons of Squats all variations. Hiking, Stair Stepper.. incline treadmill walking.

hope this helps.