I need to lose weight fast!

Options
Last time i saw my best friend was over a year ago and I have gained a lot of weight since then. I have only 12 days to lose at least 12 pounds. Can calorie shifting along with eating organic and a cleanse do all that for me?

Replies

• metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    The best way to lose weight and KEEP it off is to do it gradually. But I'm sure a quick loss can be done. My daughter purchased diet pills, and I NEVER encourage them. I'm only bringing it up because she just got them in the mail today (and I told her to send them back because no 16 yr old should be taking diet pills). Anyway, it is called 7-DFBX, and it is claimed to cleanse the body and aide in losing weight fast. You can google it and get the information. But, as I said before, I do not encourage it, though some people really do believe in them. I just like doing it the old fashion way, and that is by eating less, but healthy food, exercising more and the weight WILL come off.
    Good luck!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I honestly dont see 12 in 12 happening unless you cut off a limb or something
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    You might be able to lose about 1/2 of that in the timeframe you mentioned, if you ate right and did lots of cardio.

Then to cover the remainder of your goal, visit the foundation department at JC Penney or some other store and purchase an all in one to wear when you see your friend. A properly fitted one will do wonders for your figure and help you look a lot firmer. As long as you aren't strip-searched by your friend, you should have no trouble faking her out !!!:wink::laugh: :laugh:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    loads of water, loads of fiber.. 1200 cals and work out work out work out.. Maybe that'll get you 6 lbs lighter.. Maybe more.... i don't know..

I heard a great quote today, "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess..

So.. She's your best friend.. Do you think 12 lbs is going to make her not like you? I understand that you want to looks good, but you don't want to be in absolutely misery because you want to impress someone else.. Do it for you.

That is all.

love and light. xoxo
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Not in a healthy way, or in a way that would last. It would be all water, you would feel like crap, and it would all come back and then some even faster.

If you only need to lose 12 lbs... is it really that significant??
  • Nikayla11209
    Options
    In my defense its because i am uncomfortable with my body and im nervous about seeing her again, plus my boyfriends grandmother is meeting me for the first time and i want to make a good impression and i want her to know that i take care of myself. BUT I would like to know if eating organic doing cleanses and calorie shifting will help me. I lost 10 pounds eating only organic in a week but i have only been able to get those results once.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    do the cabbage soup diet
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    or get a colonics...they say the average person has 10 pounds of "bowel matter" inside us
  • krockwell
    Options
    I've never tried this myself, and don't know if it's good for you, but a girl I know has done this, and lost a HUGE amount of weight SUPER fast...

http://healthandlight.com/mastercleanse.htm

She even said that she felt fabulous and had a TON of energy... it's worth a go I guess if you're super desperate.
  • Nikayla11209
    Options
    I honestly dont see 12 in 12 happening unless you cut off a limb or something

Point taken :P I just wanted to say i love this "The only thing limiting me is my mind.. Since I have lost my Mind, nothing will stop me now!" It made my day lol
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    In keeping with the philosophical quotes being tossed about--here's one;

"A waist is a terrible thing to mind.":noway: :wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You can't lose body fat that fast but you might be able to lose half and the rest in water doing all kinds of tricky stuff. I hear athletes do it all the time just before competitions to get to lower weight classes. Can't see that being healthy though and it's probably not what you're looking for..