Calorie counting and burning

Options
I hope I am posting correctly, if not let me know!

So, really, a quick question. I am trying to lose weight quickly over the next 16 weeks. My husband has a really big public event happening and I need to look my best; right now I don't.

Currently I am on a deficit of 1000 calories per day so weekly that is a 2 pound loss.

Now, what if I go ahead and exercise and burn another 1000 per day to equal another 7000 and another 2 pound weight loss.

Combined, that would be 4 pounds a week. Realistic? No? Unhealthy?

I eat about 1400 calories per day and am really starting to learn how to make them count. I am also going to start a blend of women's vitamins supplement as well.

Thoughts?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic and unhealthy both. Sometimes when you have a lot to lose you can easily lose 5 lbs the first couple weeks just eating at a normal deficit. If your deficit is too large though it can stall out or even gain. I'd suggest eating back your exercise calories or at least a portion of them.
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    It could be unhealthy depending on your diet and exercise. Anytime you are trying to drop weight swiftly i recommend only doing the program for 6 weeks top. Your body will begin to get exhausted and without constant care of a physician if could be risky.

Do an aggressive plan for six weeks and take a break in between.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Not healthy... Sure for a few weeks you will lose weight but that's it. With that much deficit you will lose muscle mass as well as eventually slowing your metabolism down. Both making your weight loss even harder. The #1 thing to remember in weight loss is.. wait for it... you know it's coming...........................................PATIENCE!! You will lose a lot at first anyway as you have over 80lbs to lose.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Extremely unhealthy and with that kind of diet, you will be gaining all your weight back. Dude. Do it right!