Lost 17 kg (progress pics)

Options
Hi,

So yeah, like the subject says, I lost about 17 kg, maybe a bit more because when I was at my heaviest, I avoided a scale like the plague.

In short, it was a huge struggle, and I'm still trying to lose about 8 kg. This battle started in November 2011. Since August 2012, I haven't lost any kg's, but I have toned and firmed by doing Pole Fitness.

So here is my recipe for success:
1) Make a lifestyle change. Don't diet like crazy and then revert back to nasty old habits. I cut out refined foods and sugars, and I more than doubled my fresh fruit and vegetable intake.

2) Have a support network. Confide your fears and accomplishments to someone. My gorgeous sister has been an inspiration and a constant good influence. She lost nearly 70 kg, so go add her as a friend! (search hbhorak)
My husband has been my shoulder to cry on and my boxing coach.
These two people are amazing and I love them more than life itself.

3) Weight training!! There's a saying: "Train insane, or remain the same." So true. Somehow women think that weights will magically turn them into a bodybuilder. So they spend hours doing cardio. Please, people, cut down on the cardio (30 mins a day is good) and increase weight training. Then, use heavy weights, without hurting yourself.

4) Have patience. There is no miracle drug or cure. It takes time and commitment to lose fat. Also, don't lose hope if you stopped losing weight. I've been stuck for more than half a year, but I continued and noted that my body shape gradually changed.

5) Keep a photo diary. It's good to see your progress. Even if it's embarrassing to see yourself in underwear. Look, I'm not proud of the before photos. Actually I feel horrible when I show it to people. But it is so amazing to look at the photos in sequence and then realize what awesomeness you have achieved.

6) Pole Fitness! It is awesome and horrible and amazing and difficult... It hurts so bad, but wow, I can't begin to explain how great it makes you feel. I'm so much stronger than I used to be (and I was freakishly strong to begin with... technically, I am a superhero now) and I have rock hard abs. 'Nuff said.

Here are my photos. Please don't be harsh, because like I said, it's a work in progress. I am struggling to lose around my hips and thighs. (I have a big butt, and I cannot lie....hahaha) Feel free to add me as a friend!

20130515a.jpg

20130515.jpg

PicsArt_1368546774562.jpg

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Good advice also! :drinker:
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great
  • pandamonium1987
    pandamonium1987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! The photos are a bit grainy and I saw the original post cut a part of the photo off, so I edited that...
    :smile:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What a difference
  • Longhop83
    Longhop83 Posts: 6
    Options
    That's great! Well done you!
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    congrats and well done keep up the great work the results speak for them self really impressive
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Amazing work and patience will see you through. Be proud of what you have achieved and keep motivated. Good luck!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! And I don't know if it is appropriate to point out, but you have a booty like WHOA!
  • babybrae
    babybrae Posts: 1
    Options
    amazing! well-done! i've added you as a friend because you speak sense and it obviously works! Laura x
  • ChantelleSchoeman
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful! What an amazing transformation.
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    incredible transformation! you look amazing :)
  • MissCeeDubb
    Options
    You look great! .. And thanks for the advice :smile:
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    amazing! wow... I can tell you're going to have a stunning figure (bikini model material) when you've gotten where you want!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Kudos to you for your dedication! Most people give up or slack off when they hit a plateau, I'm impressed that you kept going. And hurrah for lifting heavy! :glasses:
  • pandamonium1987
    pandamonium1987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :blushing: shucks, you guys! Thanks!
    Horrible hard work and slow progress, but eventually we all get there!

Oh and the thing about "beer makes you fat" is a myth. I never gave up drinking beer. I switched to Castle Light though, but that was because I don't like overly-sweet beer. So, CHEERS! :drinker:
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Soooo good" Well done!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Well done. you look Fab-u-lous
    I agree on the Cardio, tho it has worked for me some "cardio" machines you can do Weight resistance so it's not all just strict Cardio..

But definately adding Core training and Weights is a bonus to toning up and improving the body structure, something Cardio alone wont do
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely stunning!

Ps thank goodness about the beer thing! I refuse to give it up, but i did cut down! Lol :drinker:
  • Ninguneado73
    Ninguneado73 Posts: 832
    Options
    Great job! You are very lucky to have people in your life who support you and encourage you. Good luck!
  • Efinnie1
    Efinnie1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Look amazing! I would love to have a stomach like yours!

I am also quite hippy and carry weight around my thighs and bum, seems to be quite hard to get off but I am upping my exercise, hopefully that will shift something. Lost 11lbs in 4 weeks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!