dr3w_s
dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
Below is the link to the video that I uploaded to youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og0XYiXV91A

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It looked pretty good to me. My only advice would be to push your chest out a little more - it may help you avoid the slight rocking you do on your way back up.
  • dr3w_s
    Options
    thanks for the advice, will try that next time. I rocked slightly because it was my 4th set. Any other input from other members?
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options
    Power movements are always performed better using a comfortable weight and slowly progressing. Naturally you will pickup better form. Too heavy of a weight on them too soon in learning the exercise will cause bad habits. Didnt watch your video but make sure you arent going too heavy in the beginning.
  • jajnn
    jajnn Posts: 33
    Options
    Looks okay, it would be better if you recorded with a heavier load since that is when your form really starts to break down. There is nothing blatantly wrong, just a few things I would fine tune.

The good:
    Your neck/head is in a good position throughout the lift, your feet are turned out and your elbows are raised.

What I would change:
    Depth isn't that great, I would lower those safeties at least two notches. You won't really see much progress unless you are squatting deep.

Widen your stance a few inches and turn your feet out a little more, as you come out of the hole you will feel that you are activating your glutes and hams more.

Stop lifting with your chest, start driving up and forward with your hips. Personally I would lower the bar about an inch or two on my traps, there is a sweet spot where it feels like you literally have no weight on your back.

Get rid of those shoes or squat barefoot. Those soles are way too thick and will feel very unstable very soon.

When you unrack the weight only take one step back, and get in position right away. You'll realize why this is important as the weight increases.
  • dr3w_s
    Options
    Looks okay, it would be better if you recorded with a heavier load since that is when your form really starts to break down. There is nothing blatantly wrong, just a few things I would fine tune.

The good:
    Your neck/head is in a good position throughout the lift, your feet are turned out and your elbows are raised.

What I would change:
    Depth isn't that great, I would lower those safeties at least two notches. You won't really see much progress unless you are squatting deep.

Widen your stance a few inches and turn your feet out a little more, as you come out of the hole you will feel that you are activating your glutes and hams more.

Stop lifting with your chest, start driving up and forward with your hips. Personally I would lower the bar about an inch or two on my traps, there is a sweet spot where it feels like you literally have no weight on your back.

Get rid of those shoes or squat barefoot. Those soles are way too thick and will feel very unstable very soon.

When you unrack the weight only take one step back, and get in position right away. You'll realize why this is important as the weight increases.

Thanks for the detailed input, really appreciated. I was using the foam pad actually, and about the shoes what would you recommend? Seems like everyone who is into deadlift and squat would recommend converse chuck taylor's, what about those Nike Free that is supposed to simulate barefoot running?