I am ready to try

Options
I have been on MFP for almost 4 weeks now (weight in is Thursday) and for the moment I have lost 3lbs (I had lost 5 but had a bad week last week and put on 2lbs).
I don't exercice at all. I could say that it is because I don't have time but really it is because I am lazy.

So I have decided to try the couch to 5k. I am starting tomorrow morning and will see how it goes. I have read so many good things about this program I really hope I will stick with it and start to make running a regular part of my new lifestyle journey.
Any tips from people who successfully did this program and are now regular runners?

HWG :happy:

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it!! I am not yet a regular runner, but I started it well into my process and started C25K on week 4. It was hard on the first day, and much much easier very soon after. I have friends who started from the beginning and LOVED it. And they're real runners now!

I know you can do it :smile:

My favorite hint when you're doing the "hard" parts: instead of saying to yourself, "I ONLY have to run another half mile" say instead, "I have the PRIVILEGE of running another half mile, and then (insert expletive of your choice) I have to walk. Darn." In other words, when you're miserable, hot, sweaty, tired and sore, tell yourself you like the running better than the walking. So far my body believes my brain :wink: It might help!!
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1, but as an avid NOT runner, I have really enjoyed it so far. It's definitely made me feel like running is an achievable goal when I've spent my whole life sure that it wasn't. Good luck and keep us posted on your experience!!
  • Herewego
    Herewego Posts: 49
    Options
    OK, I am awake (well kind of), dressed in sporty things. Had my coffee. In a few minutes I am starting my 1st session of the first week C25K. I have not exercice in years...........
    Wish me luck!

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy too haha....and I hate working out cause it is sooo boring. But next week i get to work out(on medifast you cna't work out the first 3 weeks) and so i'm gonna try p90x....i would love to be a runner some day though. Be sure to post up how your progress is going!
  • Herewego
    Herewego Posts: 49
    Options
    Ok, I know that continuing my thread I answer to myself and I will only have messages from me but if that helps me to keep motivated, then what :tongue:

Right then 1st session of week 1 of C25K done on Sunday. God that was hard, of course running was hard but the breathing was worse (hooopss forgot to say I am a smoker, yes I know I should stop ........ but one thing at a time....)
    Anyone, I am really sore today, who knew that running makes your belly muscles work. Your thighs's and bum's I understand, but your belly muscles? :ohwell:
    Well I know now.

Anyway tomorrow 2nd session of week 1 and I already know I am going to suffer. I will do my best If I see that I am struggling to much, I will give stay another week on week 1 of the program. But even if it is hard I will try and if I just cannot run all my minutes, I will walk them all until things get easier.