Exercising and keeping in calories...still not losing!

Options
I am doing brisk walking 3-4 miles a day 4-5 times a week. I also eat within my calories, eating some of my exercise calories. I have done WW for years and am familiar with making sure I eat enough vs. too much. I am quite frustrated that I have only gained since starting tracking with MFP. I am going to stick with it because I have almost 40 pounds to lose and determined to get it off! Just would like to see some results for all my efforts.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated!

Replies

• Sarahland
    Sarahland Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Try switching up your exercise routine. Start strength training a couple of days per week. Also, have you taken measurements? Are you maybe losing inches rather than pounds?
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Try switching up your exercise routine. Start strength training a couple of days per week. Also, have you taken measurements? Are you maybe losing inches rather than pounds?

Yep ditto, try adding some strength training. Are you following the weight watchers program or calories or both? Are you getting enough water, water flushes the crap out of our bodies.

I hid my scale it lied to me so much, my measurements tell me so much more.
  • AndreeAnneB
    AndreeAnneB Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Personnaly I'm not losing weight because of my thyroid gland. Maybe see your doctor to determine if there's no other health related issues that could cause the problem.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You just need to move closer to me! lol I wish! I know you are frustrated but I promise if you keep at it things will change for you. You are doing everything right so the balance has to come soon. Thanks for always being there and rooting me on. You are the best!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am doing brisk walking 3-4 miles a day 4-5 times a week. I also eat within my calories, eating some of my exercise calories. I have done WW for years and am familiar with making sure I eat enough vs. too much. I am quite frustrated that I have only gained since starting tracking with MFP. I am going to stick with it because I have almost 40 pounds to lose and determined to get it off! Just would like to see some results for all my efforts.

How long has it been? If this is just a new effort then stick with it for a week or two and give your body time to adjust. If it's already been a few weeks then I'm sad to tell you that you're eating too much. Either because the calculations are wrong or because your logging is wrong.

Despite how much people try to complicate things if you're consistently gaining weight they you are taking in more calories than you're burning.
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree with taking your measurements as well as weighing and you could be changing shape. What is your calorie deficit like? Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE? I was static for my first two weeks on here and lost 0.8lb last week. It takes a while for your body to catch up with what your doing.
    Hang in there :flowerforyou:
  • ozchuck
    ozchuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1 - measure yourself, the weight might be remaining consistent but you might have a better body composition.

2 - Remember that a short walk every couple of days is not much activity at all, so be sure to avoid rewarding yourself for the effort.

3 - are you weighing the food and ingredients of just guessing based off serving size?
  • RonandDi
    RonandDi Posts: 120 Member
    Options

How long has it been? If this is just a new effort then stick with it for a week or two and give your body time to adjust. If it's already been a few weeks then I'm sad to tell you that you're eating too much. Either because the calculations are wrong or because your logging is wrong.

Despite how much people try to complicate things if you're consistently gaining weight they you are taking in more calories than you're burning.

Couldn't have said it better myself!