Working out when your body is sore

Options
how do you work out if your body is SO sore from the day before??? My legs are so weak but my mind wants to work out and keep pushing! How do i still work out but dont over do it?

Replies

• jaycee1407
    Options
    Try Yoga. It is a gentle workout.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Just some light exercise. You'll feel 100x better.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Try a recovery workout, like a slow jog, yoga, or just a brisk walk. You really just need to warm up the muscles and flush the lactic acid out. You may hurt the first few minutes, but then you won't feel a thing. By the way, day two is usually the worst.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Try Yoga. It is a gentle workout.

This. Plus it will make you feel better by stretching everything out.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Working out is the best medicine, it provides a good stretch. Just try to do a different workout than the previous day - so if you did weights on day 1, then do cardio on day to to stretch it out.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    When I'm sore from a workout yesterday, and I wanna/need to do a workout today, I just do it. You will feel good within 5 minutes of starting and soreness will go away
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Take a couple of plain aspirin before you go to bed and then again when you wake up...and then get into the gym grab those weights, smack em around and let em know who they're dealin with....soreness is temporary..awesome is forever..
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Or consider a long walk. An easy burn but still very good for you.
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just go at it again. For me it is more mental than anything else so once I get into my workout the soreness and stiffness has gone away.
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Working out is the best medicine, it provides a good stretch. Just try to do a different workout than the previous day - so if you did weights on day 1, then do cardio on day to to stretch it out.

Exactly what I do. I never do the same work out two days in a row....but I work out 6 days a week. So if Im super sore I just do a different work out. It may hurt, especially getting started, but I either modify moves, or just take it easy. The guilt of skipping a workout is way worse than enduring a little discomfort while my muscles get warmed up.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    how do you work out if your body is SO sore from the day before??? My legs are so weak but my mind wants to work out and keep pushing! How do i still work out but dont over do it?

First, I make sure I drink a protein shake immediately after my workout. It helps me to not be sore. Second, I rest if I'm really, really sore.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You are allowed to take a day off from exercising!! I try to do something every day no matter what. A simple walk, a bike ride, work out video. Your muscles will not stay sore. Just try changing up the type of exercise you do.:smile:
  • Bazan101
    Bazan101 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Use this foam roller to stretch out sore muscles:

http://www.fitsugar.com/What-Benefits-Foam-Rolling-18402783

It has done AMAZING things for my lower back.
  • cherrykerry24
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I'll try it!!!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Try thinking of it tis way, when you're sore you can feel every single muscle you're working and how hard you're working it, and one day you'll be able to do that workout with ease and need to find a better challenge for yourself
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Thanks much needed
  • izzylew
    izzylew Posts: 30
    Options
    bananas, protein, ibuprofen and stretch, also what everyone else said about the other exercises
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Foam roller works wonders. I find that even if my muscles are sore (especially legs) if I do some sort of cardio it helps ease the stiffness afterwards.
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been torturing myself with 30 Day Shred, and even though it's the first formal cardio I've done in close to 10 years, I've been amazed by how quickly I've adapted.

I'm on my 4th day, and have found a lot of the post-workout pains are improving every day. They also seem to go once I start exercising again.
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Swimming?