Getting married & no motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'd hate to be going through all of this stress again. You could elope. Much less stress.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Since you're so unmotivated right now, I'll tell you how my wedding went, I didn't have motivation to lose weight or try to be remotely healthier, I had a 6 month window of opportunity to do something about it, but I didn't, so now, 10 months and 1 day later I'm embarrassed as hell looking at my wedding pics now, all I can see is how unhealthy I looked, and shame that those are the pics I have to show my children/grandchildren one day, I kept my wedding dress, so I can show it to my kids, and when that day comes, and I pull the dress out, the first thing that will go through their mind is "wow mummy you were massive"

You looked lovely and honestly kids will not think things like "wow mummy you were massive" they'll think "wow mummy you looked like a princess" kids are far less judgemental about adults than other adults are.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I got married last summer which I thought would be the ultimate motivation to get in shape - I didn't. In fact, not only did I put ON weight between buying my dress and picking it up - I then piled on even more in the 6 months after the wedding.

I don't know why I couldn't summon up the motivation for the wedding - plain old self-sabotage I think.

Don't beat yourself up over that one day - do it for the rest of your life instead.

I like that concept of doing it for myself instead. Although these will be the pictures that I will look at for the rest of my days...

The pictures will be of you, on the happiest day of your life - regardless of if you lose pounds or not.

Seriously - don't beat yourself up over that one day. Re-evaluate your goals and find a new surge of motivation - but don't centre it all on one day.

Congratulations on your impending nuptials by the way :)
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I agree that without the stress, I would probably have more motivation. I keep telling myself, if I can just get through this one last project, but there's always another one. I do need to take care of myself and have started attempting that. I went for a facial last week and mani/pedi. It felt great while I was there.

I do believe that I am taking my stress home with me. Although, there's plenty of stress here also! However, I do need to turn off my brain, while I am home trying to relax. Perhaps going for walks might be healthy.

Last night, I didn't sleep so well. I was awake since 3:33 am. I know I will make it through the day. Even if I am exhausted when I do get home. I Will get there.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    10 years ago, I got remarried and fad dieted down to 143 pounds and my size 10 wedding dress looked awesome. I pulled it to try on recently and at 128 pounds nowit was all floppy. I looked great at my wedding and the scale doesn't dictate how we look on our wedding days, our happiness for our future marriage does. All brides are beautiful.

Don't lose weight to look like a fashion model, but adopt a healthy lifestyle to feel great. Eat healthy and drink lots of water for a clear complexion. Get sleep as well as stay active ... you will shine brighter with those goals !
  • fat_harrie
    fat_harrie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in July this year (51 days). I have no motivation to eat healthy and be more active. I don't know why. I don't know what is wrong with me.

The last few years have been extremely stressful. I've survived them, but I had more motivation a year ago, then I do now. It's kind of like if my body is giving out on me. I am still stressed with the wedding, but the rest of my life is more or less falling into place.

I don't know. I guess, I'm looking to see if there are other future brides out there that might be going some of the things I'm going through.

Have a look at my profile pic, That was me at my heaviest knocking around 14.5 stone on my wedding day. I was married in November just gone and on the day I just didn't feel that interested in the flowers, dress, etc. and I look back at the photos and I just feel so disappointed in myself for not doing anything about it before hand. But saying that, I don't think I would have been that succesful as I didn't like planning my wedding, I found it stressful and suddenly my entire family all had their bit to add. I waited till after my wedding and Honeymoon before doing anything about my weight. It's entirely up to you and what you feel you can take onboard at the moment.

Congratulations and good luck!
    X
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    when i go married i was at my most heaviest and our wedding photos are hidden away. Partly was the fact we booked the wedding and then found out I was pregnant.

My goal is to have new photos taken when we get down to our goal weights and then have a photo up on the wall.