First time half-marathoner!

Options
Hey!
So this August i will be running my first half marathon, I only started running last summer and my only goal is to finish (dont care about time really)

Im looking for more friends that are also into running, they dont need to be training for a marathon or anything like that but it would be good to see what other peoples plans are! :)

I dont want friends with 1200 calorie goals and then they net at around 600 with excercise. I would also like friends that eat nice balanced meals so we can swap recipe/meal ideas :) (ie. not 1500 calories of twinkies and pop tarts :P )
this is only because i want friends that have similar goals as me so we can properly motivate each other! :D

hope to see you on my friends list soon! :D

Replies

• amandajones1978
    Options
    I just sent you a message. I have the same goal, I just want to finish. My half-marathon is in October and I just started running in November.
  • MauC25K
    MauC25K Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request, training for my 3rd Half in October. It's a great goal and motivator and the best part is you can do it. Good luck!
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. Did my first half last Oct and my first full this past March. Both I just wanted to finish. Swore I'd never do another one. As soon as I'm over the flu (really who gets the flu in May, ugh!!!) I'm going to start training for the MCM. You are gonna be so proud of yourself. It'll get discouraging, frustrating, exuberant, and downright sucky all at the same time. But race day, when you cross that finish line...it's a feeling I can't even begin to describe. Good luck.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I run alot and have a half this weekend as well as one in two weeks. Have run 2 marathons in the last year as well. Good luck to your and remember to enjoy the experience! If you have any specific questions feel free to friend/message me!
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I ran a half the first week of May.. it technically was my second but my first was 12 years ago. I am probably going to do one in the fall too.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have run 3 half's so far,2 last year, 1 this year. I am running another in September and signed up for my first Marathon,which is in November this year. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is super exciting! I'm doing the 5k to 10k program right now with dreams of eventually doing a half marathon :)
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half in April!! You can friend me!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just "ran" (and walked) my first half marathon, and I'm getting kind of into running now, too! I aim for 1800-2000 cals per day and try to cook as much as possible. I'd love to have some friends to swap healthy recipes with! I'll add you.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm doing my first half in just over 2 weeks (first ever race!) thinking i should have picked 10k or something for my first ah well.

You can add me too :)