Lost 17 kg (progress pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• DinoSaurous
    DinoSaurous Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    WOW :noway: you look amazing!

I more than agree with you about pole dancing...lifting your own body weight like that is hard work but also much fun :)
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Some excellent definition there. Well done, Kinda blew my mind a bit though since usually its past to present/left to right. ;)
  • pandamonium1987
    pandamonium1987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Losing 11 pound in 4 weeks is no small feat! Well done yourself!
    Allegedly, with continued effort, the bum does get smaller. I'm suspicious about this. Mine refuses to shrink. It feels firmer, but I don't think I'm the best judge of that, seeing as I don't go around frisking my butt every day or so. Thinking about it now...maybe I should?...
  • pandamonium1987
    Options
    WOW :noway: you look amazing!

I more than agree with you about pole dancing...lifting your own body weight like that is hard work but also much fun :)

Thanks! And yes it's a killer workout. The organizers of competitions around here are trying to draw a line and differentiate between Pole Fitness, and Pole Dancing. The dancing seems to carry a stigma of stripperness... I see no problem with fake eyelashes end glitter and stillettos and controversial outfits... Coincidentally, my disciplinary hearing at my office is next week... (<--- This is a joke. I'm an engineer. We are born and bred without any fun-genes)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job!!! What a fantastic figure you have!!! Where I'm from Booty is more than welcome.lol. Great job!! :drinker:
  • pandamonium1987
    Options
    Some excellent definition there. Well done, Kinda blew my mind a bit though since usually its past to present/left to right. ;)

Oh goodness, yes, I didn't think about that. Now that you mention it, it does seem wrong to imply that I started okay-ish and ended as a blob. But for all that you know, I could live in a horribly hot country and I'm busy melting...
  • pandamonium1987
    Options
    Well done. you look Fab-u-lous
    I agree on the Cardio, tho it has worked for me some "cardio" machines you can do Weight resistance so it's not all just strict Cardio..

But definately adding Core training and Weights is a bonus to toning up and improving the body structure, something Cardio alone wont do

You are much too kind!
    I used to kill myself with cardio, and skimped on weights, because frankly, I loathe shoulder exercises. Still do, but I reward myself with something I like doing. Like drinking a beer...
  • pandamonium1987
    Options
    You're absolutely stunning!

Ps thank goodness about the beer thing! I refuse to give it up, but i did cut down! Lol :drinker:

:blushing: Thanks for your kind words!

Listen, like I told my mom, sometimes life just sucks. I work hard, I am careful about what I eat, I do everything that I should do. I damn well will not stop drinking beer. I will not suck the fun out of life. If I had to give up beer, I'd probably put on a tinfoil hat and sit in a bathtub in someone's basement. :indifferent:
  • pandamonium1987
    Options
    Amazing Job!!! What a fantastic figure you have!!! Where I'm from Booty is more than welcome.lol. Great job!! :drinker:

Haha, thanks. Maybe I should move there? Hahaha!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Terrific work! Thanks for sharing your strategies.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Well done. you look Fab-u-lous
    I agree on the Cardio, tho it has worked for me some "cardio" machines you can do Weight resistance so it's not all just strict Cardio..

But definately adding Core training and Weights is a bonus to toning up and improving the body structure, something Cardio alone wont do

You are much too kind!
    I used to kill myself with cardio, and skimped on weights, because frankly, I loathe shoulder exercises. Still do, but I reward myself with something I like doing. Like drinking a beer...

I don't much like weights but i force myself to do it, The Core training however i am getting into specially the situps with a medicine ball and it's payed off big time in just a month (lost my overhang). Cardio i could do all day long but i restrict it. I do Jogging/Walking, Cross Training, Riding and Rowing. we even have a stair machine and stepper aswell so there's more variety.
  • groovyreba
    groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi,

So yeah, like the subject says, I lost about 17 kg, maybe a bit more because when I was at my heaviest, I avoided a scale like the plague.

In short, it was a huge struggle, and I'm still trying to lose about 8 kg. This battle started in November 2011. Since August 2012, I haven't lost any kg's, but I have toned and firmed by doing Pole Fitness.

So here is my recipe for success:
    1) Make a lifestyle change. Don't diet like crazy and then revert back to nasty old habits. I cut out refined foods and sugars, and I more than doubled my fresh fruit and vegetable intake.

2) Have a support network. Confide your fears and accomplishments to someone. My gorgeous sister has been an inspiration and a constant good influence. She lost nearly 70 kg, so go add her as a friend! (search hbhorak)
    My husband has been my shoulder to cry on and my boxing coach.
    These two people are amazing and I love them more than life itself.

3) Weight training!! There's a saying: "Train insane, or remain the same." So true. Somehow women think that weights will magically turn them into a bodybuilder. So they spend hours doing cardio. Please, people, cut down on the cardio (30 mins a day is good) and increase weight training. Then, use heavy weights, without hurting yourself.

4) Have patience. There is no miracle drug or cure. It takes time and commitment to lose fat. Also, don't lose hope if you stopped losing weight. I've been stuck for more than half a year, but I continued and noted that my body shape gradually changed.

5) Keep a photo diary. It's good to see your progress. Even if it's embarrassing to see yourself in underwear. Look, I'm not proud of the before photos. Actually I feel horrible when I show it to people. But it is so amazing to look at the photos in sequence and then realize what awesomeness you have achieved.

6) Pole Fitness! It is awesome and horrible and amazing and difficult... It hurts so bad, but wow, I can't begin to explain how great it makes you feel. I'm so much stronger than I used to be (and I was freakishly strong to begin with... technically, I am a superhero now) and I have rock hard abs. 'Nuff said.

Here are my photos. Please don't be harsh, because like I said, it's a work in progress. I am struggling to lose around my hips and thighs. (I have a big butt, and I cannot lie....hahaha) Feel free to add me as a friend!

20130515a.jpg

20130515.jpg

PicsArt_1368546774562.jpg

I so needed this advice today!
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Great job!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I think you look AMAZING!!! I can only hope my abs will look like yours some day! Thanks for sharing your story! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!