Help me not get discouraged! Advice please!!'

Options
Lori0534
Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
Okay, so I lost about 6 lbs recently to get me to the 10 lbs mark. I'm weighing about 135 but the last two days I have been up 1 lb I 136 and I do not know why!!! I haven't circuit trained in a few weeks because I started running again and with two small children I only have about 30 mins a day to workout. Should I incorporate strength back in with running? I don't get either how I weigh 10 to 15 lbs more than before I had kids and I am back in tr same clothes and they are not tight! I'm 5'2" and wear a 4! My measurements are 35.5 bust, 26 waist, 35 hips! What the heck? What can I do? My measurement are fine, but that number on the freaking scale!!! I need to hit the 120's. for my sanity! Advice???

Replies

• Mypie07
    Mypie07 Posts: 11
    Options
    I would say don't get on the scale for a couple days - I know my weight fluctuates a few pounds - it really does depend on your activity and what you eat - maybe too much salt one day and not enough water. I am also 5.2 and at my heaviest was 146 in January. I have gotten down to 126 and am currently at 128.6. I have found a super quick and fun workout - it's Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. The workout is 24 minutes - I think 30 total with warm up and cool down. Just when you think - man I wish it was over - it is!!! And after a week you can see the difference. I was also a slave to the scale - i weighed myself everyday and kept track in a small notebook. I can look back and see there are times - like twice a month where i would go up a pound or two but then a few days later I would loose a few more. I just think our body has to realize we are in this for the long haul and will adjust and keep moving down. Just continue to do what you know is right - eat less processed foods - give up another carb - add in another serving of fruits and/or veggies and keep moving - YOU WILL GET THERE!!!! Good Luck!
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Dont worry so much about the scale as any increase in sodium or water intake will create a fluctuation. strength training is an excellent idea as it will tone muscle and provide confidence. The biggest thing is to know what you are eating and log it accuratly and look for ways to burn calories around your busy schedule. I also have two children and both my wife and I run so it makes it difficult to work out. Make the time for yourself and stop worring about what the scale says! Check measurments and how your clothes fit and most importantly, how you feel!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    stop looking at the scales... that number means NOTHING....

you say you are in clothes you fit in before you were pregnant? great! if that was your goal then you have achieved it, why does it matter what the scales say??
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished so far, you have lost 10 pounds. That is a start and it is great! The other thing we have to remember is the weight always comes off slower than it goes on. I know how tough it is exercising with little kids, trust me, it is a challenge, and you are doing great finding time for yourself. Don't get discouraged about the what the scale says, its about how you feel and its only a number. You know you are doing everything possible to be healthy and happy and that is all that matters. Keep tracking your food, exercising, and logging in here at MFP,and you will succeed! Good luck!
  • Lori0534
    Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have been eating a diet of lean protein, veggies, fruits and complex carbs! I drink on a minimum of 100 oz of water a day! I do have a small sweet treat, like a mini kit Kat, it is TOM right now, so maybe that's why I haven't lost this week???
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That will do it too..lol
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You're making the scale your biggest enemy right now and you're stressing yourself out. Stress definitely doesn't help the scale change either....
    So with that being said....don't be what I like to call a "Scale Junkie"....