Have anyone lost weight using Leslie Sansone workouts?

Options
Have anyone lost weight using Leslie Sansone workouts? I'm currently doing Julian Michael workouts but I am just not a fan of her meanness. I tried a few Leslie workouts and I just love her.

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it but I've seen lots of posts on here by people who've had a lot of success with her workouts and really enjoy them. If you're loving it then it sounds like it will work for you.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I used them last year when I first started getting back into fitness. I have the 4 Mile Fast DVD that is interval walking with jogging. Before I started going to the gym, I did lose some weight doing only that. If you enjoy them, they are a great way to burn some calories. I still use them some days when I'm not lifting and don't feel like going to the gym.
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • lindatewksbury7
    Options
    I have been using Leslie since I had gastric by pass surgery November 2012, I have lost 87 pounds and do Leslie everyday since I have no gym options close and not in the budget at this time. I have all DVDs from 1 mile to 5 mile fat burning they are great and you don't get bored just grab a different mile everyday
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I love her dvd's. I have 5 or 6 of them. She does get your HR up and thats what you need to burn calories. She does annoy me in some of the videos but thats ok lol.
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have a dvd and a tape (tells you how old that is!!). I love them. They are great for when you can't get out and they go by fast. I was successful when I used them, but I had to make sure I ate correctly too.
  • brantleysbaby
    Options
    I started about a month ago on my weight loss journey. I have used Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walk and I LOVE it. I just bought the 5 mile walk yesterday and it is challenging and I love it also... I have lost about 10lbs. I've also done some treadmill walking too. I really enjoy the 5 mile walk, though. I feel like all of my body was sore after doing it and I got an amazing work out :) Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I too began with the 30 DS, got bored and found Leslie Sansome. Love walking with Leslie but some days it kills my calves! Yesterday I found power walking on Youtube by Jessica Smith, I highly recommend it!!! The music is more lively than Leslie and the movements address all areas, I also like how she has you check yourself... shoulders etc. to make sure you aren't straining something. Today I started with her 30 minute walk, got through 15 min. which is more than I could do of Leslie's program. I'm going to do it again this afternoon. I included the link to the 30 minute walk, but she has like 21 different videos to check out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4IH12Piuf4
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I JUST started the 1-mile with Leslie Sansone.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to log it in your exercise?

Thank you!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain, do you just walk on the spot in your living room or do you need a treadmill? I wouldn't mind a change from Rosemary Conley for the longer workouts.:smile:
  • DorineDieet
    DorineDieet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I JUST started the 1-mile with Leslie Sansone.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to log it in your exercise?

Thank you!

Hi connie,

at first i logged it as brisk walking at 4 mph, or as low impact aerobics. I would only log the miles themselves, not the warm up and cool down (so for the 3 mile that was about 35 out of the total of 46 minutes)

Now i have create a seperate exercise for each different sansone workout that i do.
    (you can create your private exercises, go to Exercise>My Exercise>Create Exercise)

That way, looking back in you diary you can more easily see when you did a leslie sansone, and when an actual walk outdoors.

When you create your private exercise, you can enter the calories used. Either take the same amount as if you would log brisk walking, or measure your heartrate a few times during the workout and calculate the calories burned.

Today i did the 3 mile of Leslie that is on youtube, and measured my heartrate several times troughout, and the calories burned i calculated from that was very close to brisk walking (4 mph) or low impact aerobics.