Delicious GF and Paleo Banana Bread!

Options
itsCheek
itsCheek Posts: 104
OK, so I got this recipe from here: http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/grain-free-goodies/paleo-banana-bread/ but made a few alterations. There are a lot of different ways you can jazz this recipe up -- see the variations at the bottom of the recipe!

I made this for the 1,000th time last night and wanted to share. Your house will smell amazing while baking this! Kids will love it and supposedly it's only 206 calories/slice (however, if you use nuts in it like I do, that will make the calories increase).

Ingredients
4 organic bananas
4 free-range eggs
1/2 cup almond butter (Barney's Butter is Gluten Free!)
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder (Gluten Free)
1 teaspoon vanilla
A handful of your favorite nuts/dried fruit mix. If there are larger nuts, put them in a Ziploc and hammer at them a bit.
Pinch of sea salt
5x9 metal bread pan
Coconut oil spray (Trader Joes)

Instructions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
Combine your bananas, eggs, almond butter, and coconut oil in a KitchenAid (no KitchenAid? A blender, food processor, or mixing bowl with a good hand-mixer will work)
Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, sea salt, nuts/dried fruit and mix well
Spray a metal bread pan with coconut oil spray
Pour in your batter and spread it evenly throughout
For a nice touch, sprinkle some cinnamon over the top of the batter in the pan
Place in your preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
Remove from oven and let sit on a cooling rack until completely cool on all sides of bread pan (trust me on this!)
Once the bread pan has cooled, gently edge around the sides with a spatula, then flip onto cooling rack
Slice and serve

Variations
Cranberry or Blueberry Orange – Only use 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Add zest of one whole orange diced, juice of one whole orange, and 1 cup cranberries/blueberries
Chocolate Blueberry – Add 1 cup of fresh blueberries and 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
Pumpkin Pecan – Reduce the almond butter to 1/4 cup and add 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and 1 cup of roughly chopped pecan pieces
Zucchini & Carrot - Add 1/2 cup of zucchini and 1/2 cup of carrots shredded.

Notes
If you want to make these into muffins, use the same recipe and for mini muffins bake approximately 25 mins and normal size muffins 30-35 minutes.

Storage
I put my sliced bread in Tupperware in the fridge and it still tastes great even after a week. I bet you could foil it and freeze it down too!

My bread from last night (I had a TON of eggs to use up so I made two batches):
IMG_3443_zps066f0073.jpg
IMG_3444_zpsc88ea8df.jpg

Replies

• LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Looks like "real" banana bread!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    See...internet abbreviations can mess with the mind...I was like, "Delicious (girl friend) and Paleo Banana Bread" and thought, "hmmm..."

Looks good though!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    See...internet abbreviations can mess with the mind...I was like, "Delicious (girl friend) and Paleo Banana Bread" and thought, "hmmm..."

Looks good though!
    Exactly this, except I HATE bananas.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I had been eyeing that recipe for a while, but haven't tried it. Actually, I've been afraid to try any paleo bread recipe that it'd be too disappointing when it was done. Guess I'll have to try it! Thanks for sharing!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump! thanks for sharing!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
    Chioces_zps42420f1d.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Can I substitute non-Paleo items back into this recipe to make a regular banana bread?
  • bktrini
    bktrini Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump. I totally need to make this!
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else read this as delicious girlfriend and paleo banana bread?

Oh and it looks amazing!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Bumping to try. This looks great!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing!