I just learned something

Options
This might be really obvious to some but it wasn't to me!! I went to my friend's gym yesterday and did the treadmill. Usually I just do a manual setting because I can't go too fast because I have limitations. Well I got told to decrease my speed a little and up the incline - I burned almost 50% more calories by doing this and wasn't as tired.

I made it through 30 mins and burned 196 cals.!! I also had less blisters!!

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I so get it....
    I was told by my trainer that speed was a great focus for intervals mainly....he was right:)
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    SWEET! Thanks!!! ~~ I will remember this come winter time when I live on my treadmill! :bigsmile:
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize this. Thank you so much for the information. I will keep this in mind when I am doing my 5K training from now on.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am new to the treadmill thing and a few months ago I could not walk without issue. Like less than a block really without pain. I only decreased my speed by .2 mph. I don't walk very fast on the treadmill cause I have to work my way up but just decreased it by .2 and incline was only at 3.5 or something but burned waaay more calories. This is only my third time on the treadmill. My friend was at an incline of 15% LOL
  • Misslynn
    Options
    FYI.. there is a site that tells you how many calories you've burned on just about everything. I painted my daughter's room today (the first coat) and burned 512 calories doing it. It wasn't in our database, so I had to search for it. It's called..."The Most Accurate Calories Burned Estimations". Check it out if you looking for something. Hope it helps.