Non-Member Success Story

Options
My mother (the Great-grandmother of my 8 grandchildren) who lives with us is 74 but physically she is more like 94 or 104. She is the nicest person you would ever meet but has many health problems and she has dementia. She is a little over weight but there is absolutely no physical activity or exercise she can do so the doctors are not concerned. As a result of my dieting, as I would enter my meals each time, she would ask how many calories her meal was. I told her the only way to know is if I weighed and measured her meal too. She was excited and agreed. Getting her on the scales is a serious challenge but she was totally thrilled to see that in 30 days she has lost 16.2 lbs. (about an 11 percent weight loss of her total previous body weight).

I told her that now if she just starts walking with me her weight loss would take off. That part is funny because she can barely walk 30 feet with a walker and often is limited to a wheel chair.

This afternoon she has an orthopedics appointment (about her spine she fractured only 3 weeks ago) and is looking forward so much to tell the doctor.

The TRUE SUCCESS to her story is the huge smile on her face and hearing her brag of her success.

Replies

• donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Beautiful - thanks for sharing! :D
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    That is a lovely story!
    I think its wonderful that your mum has had such a mental and physical boost, its a ray of sunshine in her autumn years! Well done you for inspiring her :)
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options

The TRUE SUCCESS to her story is the huge smile on her face and hearing her brag of her success.

This is such a lovely thing to read. I hope your mum gets a lot of enjoyment out of bragging!
  • Lish1234
    Lish1234 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! What a sweet story, well done both of you!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you for taking care of her and taking the time to help her with her weight loss! And... congratulaions to her for the weight loss!! Very inspirational!
  • lmorr7
    lmorr7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is such a sweet story. There are DVDs for those who can't walk, maybe her doctor could let her know if she was approved to do something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7zCDiiTBTk

http://www.collagevideo.com/searchresults.aspx?type=all&search=chair+exercises
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    beautiful, thanks for sharing!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. She should be proud of herself...and she's lucky to have to you help her.
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Congrats to you both!
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    This made me smile! :love:
  • danilynn2
    danilynn2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    what a wonderful daughter to help her and congrats to her. beautiful success story
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!