Arghhh... Choccie Cake...

Options
My parents in law brought chocolate fudge cake round from a party they went to today. And I gave in.

440 calories later, my tea is a pork chop with some seasoning... And I'm still 250 calories over...

I could go for a walk to try and burn it off... But please tell me I'm allowed the odd indulgence?

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    You need to allow yourself some at least a bite. Just need to be willing to excersie to off set it. But it isn't the end of the world. We have to have treats here and there or we will not stick to it.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You are allowed! Go for a nice walk if you feel like it. If not, tomorrow is another day!
  • m289d
    m289d Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Of course you are allowed to have things that aren't good for you, but the problem comes in when you indulge more often. I have found that the best thing to do is not worry about having things that are bad for you, just eat a smaller portion of them than you use to. That should help to prevent you from having too much at any given time. Then you are still having foods that you enjoy. One thing that could help is to ask your friends and family not to bring you things that are bad for you. If they want to bring you something then ask that they bring fruit. Ultimately, it is up to you to make the decision to eat the healthy foods. It is your life. Good luck.

Michael
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Either you think, "That's it. It's over. I blew it," and give up, or you think, "Wow, chocolate cake is hard to resist," and you move on and keep trying. Whatcha gonna do? If you give up, you backslide to who you were before you made the decision to improve your health. If you keep trying, you start learning that this is a forever deal. We have to eat to survive, so we will always eat. I just refuse to give up my desire to be healthy, and I look at each meal as an opportunity to learn. What am I going to learn from my food today? This morning I learned if I use a smaller biscuit cutter, I can have two biscuits instead of one! :laugh:

If you can have a small portion without wanting more, then do it. Some days I know I just can't even go there, or I will want more.
  • xarra
    xarra Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did eat the whole slice... :/

Ah well, I've got to walk to work tomorrow and there's the next day of C25K to do too, so hopefully it won't throw me off too much. :)

Next time, I'll eat a bit today & a bit tomorrow & a bit the day after, etc... I can't eat a bite & give the rest to husband - he won't eat something someone else has started generally...
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You're allowed, just don't let it carry on.
    THis time of year is HARD for me, we have dd's bday, our anniversary, ds birhtday and an annual camping trip (4 days this year) all in the span of 2 weeks..............
  • scrappymel
    scrappymel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    just burn it... even if you don't want to. :O)
  • lisadonachie
    Options
    awwwww now i want chocolate cake lol i think eat it then burn it off i dont care if i have to go for the longest jog in the world the chocolate cake is sooooo worth it x
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    My parents in law brought chocolate fudge cake round from a party they went to today..........

:noway: *swoon*
  • xarra
    xarra Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I went for a 15 minute walk/jog... Burned 94-odd calories. :) Not enough to take me below calories, but as I also ate the fat on my pork chop (grrrr...) it makes me feel a BIT better...