7 Pounds in 2 weeks

Is losing 7 pounds in 2 weeks unhealthy?

Replies

• bboy1
    bboy1 Posts: 10
    Is losing 7 pounds in 2 weeks unhealthy?
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    It depends on how you are doing it. Are you eating all your calories, what are you eating, and how much exercise are you doing?
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    It depends on how you are doing it. Are you eating all your calories, what are you eating, and how much exercise are you doing?
    yes cause if yuo set your body into ketosis(starvation mode) it WILL backfire on you and you will gain back. But if it is something your body needs and it was achieved healthy then it is fine. I have a dear friend who dropped almost 4 in one week, just cause her dangerously obese body needs it
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Well I am not an expert by any means but you did just start this month so it could be water weight. So maybe it's not unhealthy but it is to keep loosing like that.
  • bboy1
    I am eating oatmeal, veggies, fruits, chicken, and various snacks (cheese sticks, yogurt, yogurt covered cranberries). I eat most of my calories, sometimes less, sometiems more but not by much either way. I had pasta last night, but it was whole wheat. I actually havn't had time to do exercise, the half year is about to close and in finance that means no free time and 80 hour work weeks.
  • bboy1
    yes cause if yuo set your body into ketosis(starvation mode) it WILL backfire on you and you will gain back. But if it is something your body needs and it was achieved healthy then it is fine. I have a dear friend who dropped almost 4 in one week, just cause her dangerously obese body needs it

Hope I am not in starvation mode... I don't feel as I am starving. Thats the thing though... I am not obese. I am 6ft 2, and was 205 pds, now I am 198.
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    First of all is this your first 2 weeks? If it is losing 7lbs in 2 weeks is not unhealthy at all. I worked for a weight loss company for 2 years. You have probably lost water weight as well. And during weight loss you might loose 5 lbs one week and not lose anything else for a few weeks. As long as you are averaging 2 lbs a week after the 1st 6 or 7 weeks you are doing wonderful. Hope this helps!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    I actually made this same post this morning. I'm 2 weeks in today and as of this morning 8lbs down. We'll taper off. As Banks said to me today, just bask in the glory of your 7lbs!! It's a great motivator to start with.

Cheers! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!