Re-Introduction After Losing 75 Lbs.

McKayMachina
McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
Hey, everyone!

I used to be REALLY active on MFP when I was working from home and single. Now I'm in a new state (GA) with a new job (bar tender) and a new boyfriend (the handsome Vincent) and my weight loss has totally stalled. I even gained a few back. I'm too scared to look at the scale quite yet but I'm sure it's probably around 175 or 180. My lowest was in the 150s. That is a LOT to gain back.

Start weight: 235
Weight after 10 months on MFP: 165 (down to 150-something for a month or two then hovered back at 165 for months)
Current weight: a temporary mystery but probably 180 or so

I can still wear the clothes I bought at 165 but they are TIGHT. Uncomfortably so.

My problem is that there is always free food at my bar and it's the South soooo lots of butter and fattening, salty stuff. Plus, I drink a little more now than I used to and have totally stopped logging calories or exercising (work is too far to bike*). Plus, I decided that routine trips to Taco Bell at 3am is a good idea. :frown:

When I worked from home it was easy but I don't have a smart phone and used that as an excuse not to just...oh I dunno...WRITE STUFF DOWN ON PAPER? :laugh:

So now, I'm mad at myself because it's summer again and I live on a beach and I'm still fat. This was supposed to be MY summer. But if I go out on the sand in a bikini as I am now I will scare off the small children and woodland creatures. No bueno.

So, time to get my big butt in gear and finish this with the vigor, intensity and commitment with which I began.

I am READY. And so is my hot boyfriend. He deserves a sexy girlfriend. And I deserve a sexy me.

Here goes!!! New friends welcome!

:drinker:

* It's not that it's too far at all. It's only about 8 miles. I used to ride to and from my old job everyday! It's that I work on an island with no bike lanes and the highway (55 mph) is EXTREMELY dangerous for cyclist and I just cannot risk that. Just to clarify.

Replies

• lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    You're already my friend, but hi, welcome back! You can do this, girl!
  • McKayMachina
    Thank you! And thank you to all my pals who stuck around!!! Some of the best people I've EVER met in my life are right here on MFP.
  • mrslcg09
    mrslcg09 Posts: 10
    Well we aren't friends but I know you can do. You did it before and you can do it again. I am right behind you. I started out at 210 and now I am at 180. I have 20lbs more to go but we must continue to encourage each other. Go for it girl. Best wishes to you on your journey.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Youve done it once, you can certainly do it again. :) Feel free to add me
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Face your fear and jump on the scale--then start again. Take back your power--you will do this, you will find the way, but you need tho know where you are and leave the burden of the stress of not knowing behind you first.
  • christinemac17
    christinemac17 Posts: 56 Member
    You can do this!! I understand where you are! I've yo-yo'd my whole life :( And after losing almost 80lbs in about 18mo, over this past winter I just fell off... no exercise (had been working out, lifting, running etc at least 4x wk!) and eating too much plus my love of delicious hi-gravity craft beer got the best of me waaaay to many times ;) When I finally dared to get back up on that scale I'd gained 18lb in 3mo!!! ugh

Like you, I can still **squeeze** into my clothes, but that muffin top is back w/a vengence ....

Finally I got my act together, and am in the middle (day 11!! woo hoo) of the Whole30, in an attempt to get back on track. It's helping tremendously!

I know it's so dang frustrating that we can gain 5lbs in a week, but it takes a month (or more) to take it back off... let's be diligent and cheer each other on!!
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    You can do this girly!
    Best of luck! :heart:
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    oops dbl post
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    You're not alone! I lost over 40 lbs about a year ago (which is a lot on a 5'1 frame), then I got pregnant and gained too much because I stopped logging. I'm back and have re-dedicated myself, but am needing more support too, so feel free to add me :) I seriously think MFP works SO much better with friends who are logging each day too to keep you on track ;)
  • jessichri
    jessichri Posts: 81 Member
    You can do it! I'm quite far from my goals...but I'm getting there. :) I'd love to help support you so add me if you'd like. I've been on here about two months and going strong. Good luck!!
  • McKayMachina
    Thank you all for the encouragement. It's good to be back!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    You've done it before, you can do it again, it's not going to be easy, but you know that.
    You just have to work out what suits your change in lifestyle, you can do it and we're all here to help you.