NEW Knee Pain Questions - Plz Help

Options
dxtra30
dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
I Started losing weight a couple months ago, NEVER had any knee problems ever.. I've been doing exercise workouts at home with no knee problems at all.. Recently about a month ago I took kettlebell class and didn't have any knee problems until last couple weeks and now when I do kettlebell and home workouts it seems to be happening more frequently.. It seems the pain comes when I do squats with kettlebell squats and 30 day shredder squats.. It's a very Sharp Pain above the knee (the squishy part above the knee).. I stretch before any exercise workout so unless maybe I’m doing squats wrong or maybe it's something else? What else can I do for the pain ? Is this common ? What could this be? Should I get a knee brace ? Sorry I'm new to the knee pain thing.. Thanks!

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Might sound odd but have you had any fluid build up behind the knee or in the same area as the pain?

It kind of sounds a like to when I had patella femoral syndrome, the pain was above my knee and had fluid build up in the back of my knee (like you could see and touch the build up but that was after a month of not paying attention).

If you know anyone that has any education in kinesthesiology it might be a good idea to ask them to take a look and see what they think. Otherwise a physiotherapist could probably answer you and if it were a muscle injury (stretch, tear, etc) they can also give you information on how to heal it and how to prevent it in the future.

Hope you figure it out!
  • TLHarwick
    TLHarwick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Could you have a case of "runner's knee"?

bracing, rest?

Also, are you watching your squat and lunge form? Knee should be in alignment with the ankle, not over toes...
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replies

I'll have to ask the trainer if my form is correct and if so maybe see the doc!I just hope it goes away soon I'm training for a Tough Mudder :)