Tired all of the time?

TdaniT
TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
Anyone else seem to be tired all of the time? I am getting enough sleep but I can't seem to get out of this funk. Ugh! Makes it hard to stay motivated to exercise.

Replies

• c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Eat more food. 1200 calories is too low for you to eat. I have no idea how tall you are, but I am your age, and eating 1900 calories a day and still losing..
  • Lumen1505
    Lumen1505 Posts: 77 Member
    TATT for me is usually because I am not eating enough, I have been to the dr's so many times about it and had bloods done (all normal) I have seen a dietician and a now eating a minimum of 1500 cals (a bit more lately as its been my birthday) and am still loosing weight and inches. I also feel sooooo much better and have a load more energy.

I started at 1200 (as advised by MFP) then started reading the forums and realised I was starving myself - panicky about upping to
    -20% TDEE I upped mine every few weeks which is working well for me :-) :drinker:
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Eat more food. 1200 calories is too low for you to eat. I have no idea how tall you are, but I am your age, and eating 1900 calories a day and still losing..

Yup. This
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Yep!! Eat more!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

This is good advice. You may have your MFP profile set with a goal that's too aggressive for your body (are you set to two pounds a week?). Additionally, it looks like you're ignoring your extra workout calories? Try eating all the way up to your goal for a week and see if you feel better. Alternately, you could plug your numbers into a TDEE calculator (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) and eat about 20% less than that.
  • You should really check your diet. Eat more and exercise more!! I eat around 2000 calories a day and I'm not a big girl (5'3", 123 lbs) and I'm progressively losing and building muscle. I'm only tired if I don't get enough sleep, which is a rarity.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Anyone else seem to be tired all of the time? I am getting enough sleep but I can't seem to get out of this funk. Ugh! Makes it hard to stay motivated to exercise.

When I ate too low (1200-1300) I was tired all the time. And cold and got sick a lot and pretty much wrecked my health and screwed up my metabolism.

Your body is designed to lose weight at a MODERATE deficit, not a DRASTIC deficit. Obviously you don't want to overeat and get fat, but its just as counterproductive to under-eat. Do the work to find out how much you should be eating (find your TDEE and eat only -15% under that. Know your BMR and never net below it).

Now that I eat at TDEE (at least 2300 and more with exercise) I have boundless energy and I'm sleeping better. I have so much energy that I can't stop myself from exercising every day! My fitbit shows that I have gone from sedentary to active!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    has your iron been checked?
    anemia?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    has nothing to do with age
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Your calories do seem fairly low, but I assume that is to speed up the loss process. I suggest you experiment with different foods to see what is most filling. You might also want to re-visit the P/C/F settings as well. A higher fat, and protein diet may be a better option. The sugars in starchy carbs are not the best for everyone to keep your energy levels high enough for exercise and daily life. My coach always use to ask how my energy, mood and cravings were each week to get an idea how my nutrition was going. They are good signs to watch.

Good luck
  • TdaniT
    I am 5'3" and right now 167lbs. I set my goals in MFP for 1 pound a week weight loss. The site dropped me down to 1300 calories this last 10 pound weight loss. I usually eat back at least half of my exercise calories but this week I haven't been hungry.

I have to admit that I am terrified of upping my calories. I do not want to gain, which I am sure how everyone on here is. I just don't want to stop my momentum.
  • smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Don't be afraid to increase you calories!! I know SEVERAL people (myself included) who started off at 1200 calories and plateaued, gained, were tired, etc etc etc but then increased to TDEE-20% and LOST weight while feeling full and feeling better. BUT - be prepared, sometimes it takes a month for your body to adjust. Do not freak out! Once it adjusts, you'll be a lot happier while you lose the weight, trust me.
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    On days (like today) where I didn't eat enough I am exhausted and cranky. Definitely eat more!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    has your iron been checked?
    anemia?

^^^^^ this, I would say if upping your calories a bit and still feeling tired, go see your doctor, you could be anemic. Can make you very very tired.
  • TdaniT
    I haven't upped my calories yet. I guess I will take the plunge this next week. I have had blood work done in the last 6 months and everything turned out fine.