Cauliflower Taco Shells!

Options
2»

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Somewhere, there is a cauliflower omelet crying because it was called a taco.

:laugh:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Somewhere, there is a cauliflower omelet crying because it was called a taco.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • emhos671
    emhos671 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    need calerie info
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    need calerie info

Enter the recipe into the recipe calculator?
  • ceyanna11
    ceyanna11 Posts: 3
    Options
    Bump:flowerforyou:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I entered it into the recipe editor. My cauliflower head was 7 cups' worth. With three whole eggs added, the total was 360 calories. I got ten smallish tortillas out of the batch and am nomming now. Eight would have been better - they would need to be pretty thick to stand up to any kind of handling or toppings. Mine are a bit crumbly, although I processed the cauliflower to a pretty fine crumb. Tasty with a bit of butter or a sprinkle of shredded cheese, though. The ones cooked on the bottom rack browned up a bit and are the best.

A single Mission white corn tortilla is 40 calories. At 36-45 apiece, this recipe isn't a low-calorie alternative to those, but interesting nonetheless, and coud be a viable choice for anyone who's avoiding corn or sneaking crucifers into somebody's diet. For my part, I think I wouldn't make them into tacos, but would make them thicker as an alternative to pancakes.

ETA: 20-something son, a fairly healthy eater who loves grilled cauliflower, was unimpressed. His first comment: "I'm not that into eggs," and he totally tasted the cauliflower. Quite a bit of effort for an outcome that was, well, meh. But I might make them again for pancakes as mentioned above. I kind of liked them straight from the oven and couldn't have eaten that much cauliflower any other way in one sitting!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I think I've seen it all now. Incredible.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go cry now.
  • Msmiesha
    Msmiesha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this recipe!!! I love tacos and cauliflower with egg whites sounds like a healthier low carb option over corn tortillas.