I'm the guy I thought I could never become

Options
Hatchling84
Hatchling84 Posts: 24 Member
For the first time in my life I'm happy with how my body looks, so to celebrate, I ran a 5k through my town shirtless, definitely something i'll be doing more of now, just gotta take care of the hair before someone claims they seen Sasquatch

My story is as follows:

I'm 5' 9" so I definitely still have some left to lose. I started back in Aug '12 by counting calories using MFP and starting a C25K program. Upon completion of the C25K I reflected and realized 3.1 miles is not that far and wanted to see just how far I could go. So I just started adding half mile here and there and whatever my avg. weekday run was doubled and made it my long run for that weekend. Before I knew it I started running 10 miles on my long runs averaging almost 100 miles a month and the fat seemed to melt away. Once I hit 225 I switched everything up and reduced my mileage and began weight training as there was some apparent muscle loss from the running I had been doing. I now consume a minimum of 150g of protein a day on my non-weight training days and 200g on my weight training days. I still run 3-4 times a week but my weekly avg is about 18 miles. I love that fact I see so many people that knew me when I was bigger and now they hardly recognize me, My "ULTIMATE" goal is to hit 190lbs and maintain. Here is the like to my B&A

EDIT: I began at 300+ LBS

b4a.jpg

Replies

• Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have two Wows .. lol ..

First .. WOW .. you look great!!!

Second wow .. 150g of protien! Wow!

:drinker:
  • iamthelie
    iamthelie Posts: 19
    Options
    That's so fantastic! Good for you!! :D
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    You look great! And I can see why they dont recognise you!
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • Hatchling84
    Options
    I consume about 7-8 egg whites every day, kinda helps jump start the intake, Thank you :D
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    congrats bro!!!
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work and dedication! You look amazing, and the weight loss is really obvious in your face, too!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats with your success! Good luck with the remaining of your journey!
  • funkzilla
    funkzilla Posts: 6
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Good for you..Keep up the good work
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!!!
  • Ellewijo
    Ellewijo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is giving me the motivation I need to really work hard and change my lifestyle to get the results.

The time and dedication my body requires is up to me and I'm ready to change now.

Well done indeed, you look amazing!
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Fantastic results and thanks for the egg whites tip I have been trying to bump up my protein but then my fat intake seems to go up too :( I will try some egg whites!
  • Hatchling84
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! @ellelojo - I had to make the change or I was afraid I would be dead by 30, i'm 29 now and I have 3 boys. So I made the choice and thought about my dad everytime it became exhaustive or uncomfortable and how he would of been proud of me for fighting through it. Find your reason and focus on it, never lose site of that reason and you can move mountains.
  • Carmita79
    Carmita79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have done so wonderfully!
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment. Congrats to you!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Congratzzzzzzzzz!:happy:
  • aidendart
    aidendart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Terrific results! I am finishing up week 8 of C25K and thinking about what I'll do next. You have given me some ideas!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!