Herbalife shakes

Options
inezbruce
inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
I started herbalife yesterday, though they suggest replacing breakfast and lunch with a shake I wonder:
If I had a shake for breakfast, skipped the lunch shake and replaced with fruit and had a normal healthy dinner will I still loose just as much weight initially?? A lot of people I know have lost 8lbs+ in the first two weeks on two shakes a day!

Replies

• rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Personally- I avoid any products from MLM companies like the plague. RUN Fast away.... there is plenty of protein out there
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Personally- I avoid any products from MLM companies like the plague. RUN Fast away.... there is plenty of protein out there
    <---agreed, I tried the herbal life shake mix and they are so bland...much rather make my own protein filled flavorful shakes
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I started herbalife yesterday, though they suggest replacing breakfast and lunch with a shake I wonder:
    If I had a shake for breakfast, skipped the lunch shake and replaced with fruit and had a normal healthy dinner will I still loose just as much weight initially?? A lot of people I know have lost 8lbs+ in the first two weeks on two shakes a day!

Will it not be much cheaper and sustainable in the long term to make your own breakfast?
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Im not planning on using herbalife long-term. The shakes contain 100's of vitamins and enzymes, I am not using them for the protein; more for the initial weight-loss which comes with the product. Wish someone would answer my initial question...
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is very in to herbalife. I would suggest you speak to your supplier, they are generally pretty knowledgeable, and more interested in the health and wellness aspect than the average seller.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Im not planning on using herbalife long-term. The shakes contain 100's of vitamins and enzymes, I am not using them for the protein; more for the initial weight-loss which comes with the product. Wish someone would answer my initial question...

Your weight loss will come from eating less and doing more not from the super energy and vitamin packed expensive shake someone has sold you. You can interchange the name on the brand of shake and they'll all tell you the same story. Learn to eat real food, stay in your calorie budget and make a life long change.
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I personally love the shakes. I've been doing them off and on for about 3 yrs. I cannot do them for breakfast and lunch. I usually do one for breakfast about 1/2 the time. I just use it as a meal replacement. I haven't lost a tremendous amount of wt. I've lost 7 lbs, but I have other issues. They are full of vitamins and nutrition. I personally know several people that have lost 30+ lbs by replacing 2 meals a day. I cannot eat them everyday, b/c I get tired of the same ole same ole. But as long as you are logging your calories and eating healthy, there is no reason that you can't lose the wt you want to lose w/ just one shake a day.
    Shannon
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

The shakes themselves won't cause you to lose weight. It's the calorie restriction that causes weight loss which you can do without the shakes. If you had a 200 calorie shake or a 200 meal twice a day with your dinner you would lose the same amount of weight. If you aren't planning on using the shakes long term any losses you see will just come back as drinking a shake doesn't allow you to learn to prepare properly, calorie controlled, nutritious meals.

MLM products are made for money. They lack quality and are expensive for the quality they have. None of them will cause you to lose anymore weight than eating the same amount of calories with real, nutritious foods.

If you are replacing your lunch shake, do something other than fruit. You will lack protein in your diet. Eat a real meal for lunch. Have a sandwich and salad... or a salad with some chicken/turkey, have a wrap, have some soup, etc.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

For real results,
    31087965.jpg
  • skye9996
    skye9996 Posts: 1
    Options
    help???/ i think that i have been picking up weight on herbalife? well 1 kg so far and its been two weeks but people are already saying that i look a bit fatter ..i was 59kgs and after my first week i was 60kgs!

i promised myself that as long as i didnt get to 60kgs i wouldnt freak out but i am so afraid. At the same time i dont want to give up on herbalife too quickly?
  • rach73184
    rach73184 Posts: 64
    Options
    I have been doing 2 shakes a day with herbalife. I also take some of their vitamins. I have lost 5 pounds, so not a significant amount of weight but I feel like I have more energy and I feel in better health overall, which is what the product is supposed to do. I do cheat a lot by not eating a halthy dinner but if it weren't for that, I think I could've lost more weight.
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Whenever the product name is in the title of a thread, I immediately think sales! If you're trying to sell this, go away, we don't want you here!
    On the off-chance you're not selling, here are my thoughts:
    My sister is doing a similar shake, different brand (no plug, the name isn't important since they're all the same) and it's not particularly bad for her or anything, she's lost weight, and fortunately she knows that's because she is working out, both cardio and lifting, and has a reasonable calorie restriction. She keeps using it because it's balanced fairly well and mostly she likes not having to do much prep work for most of her meals. There is no magic fairy dust in it that helps you lose weight, that's just the calorie restriction. You can get that without shakes. I looked into the shakes she's using and decided not to do them because I like food and saving money.

Edited for grammar
  • sissisilva
    Options

I'm on a herbalife program since sptembre 3rd and I ave lost 7 kg already. I dont intetend to lose toomuch weight too soon cause that is not healthy. If you folow the program it will work. It you think just by taking it you can still eat a lot of bad food it will work the same you are fooling your self. This not a magic trick. Herbalife is one of many ways to eat well and/lose weight. You just have to chose one you like. If people are trying to lose weight by using herbalife and still gaining it they are doing something roung for sure. Most people that can´t be disciplied and stick to a diet always try to fooll the diet supervisers (and them self) by eating bad and convincing them selfs they do it the rieht way. This happens in any diet. My parents are doing it for breakfast just for good nutrition and are not losing ou gaing any weight as the inted. There are no mirecle produts. There are products that help you to achive goal but you must fallow the rules like in any mater in life. Eat well, exercise and be positive in life.
  • rhody_
    rhody_ Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    <---agreed, I tried the herbal life shake mix and they are so bland...much rather make my own protein filled flavorful shakes

This is what I thought at first, but COMPLETELY WRONG. They're bland if you only use the one flavor. My friend opened up a shop where they make the shakes and there are hundreds of different flavors. Honestly, right now, I'm OBSESSED with the Thin Mint shake. So so so so so good! I was trying to do the plain and simple and I just couldn't motivate myself, but now that I can make this shake, it's so easy.
  • begley2015
    begley2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally I lost 77 without it just by watching my calories and eating better. I still eat what I want to just the amount and when is what I changed. The shakes are good though, but in my opinion save your money.

40095081.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools