100lbs gone in 6 months!

Options
Hi Everyone! I've been lurking on this site for a few months now. I can't begin to say what a help it has been. Not only the easy way to track food and exercise, but the message board has been loaded with great information. Thank you to all that contribute so regularly.

Today it was official, I've lost 102lbs in a little over 6 months. I've been going to Jenny Craig since late January and watched myself gradually undo the years of neglect that I've inflicted on my body. While the 100lb loss might be great, I still have another 100 to lose. But, I thought it was time to stop hiding in the shadows and start to participate. I've learned so much in the past 6 months, it seems like a good time to start sharing some of it. I've been pushed a long by so many of you, maybe now someone can get a little push from me.

Doing the JC program has been great, but I've had to learn to exercise, too. As someone that has never done anything even resembling exercise before, this board has been a an incredible resource. I've got so many activities to choose from now, there is never an excuse to sit in front of the TV all day.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone good luck in this journey of weight loss and/or increasing your level of exercise.

:-)

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! Congratulations and good luck on the next 100!! :drinker:
  • pbkfit70
    pbkfit70 Posts: 38
    Options
    That's inspiring. I'm just starting and need all the help I can get!:happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    So glad you came out of the shadows. You have much to share here. I hope you come back from time to time, and keep us posted on your journey.

God bless you-- what wonderful success-- congratulations!!!!!!!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    :smile: Amazing job! That's awesome!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    That is incredible. Good job!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Wow...you are someone that will definantly inspire many! (Me being one of them)Proud of you!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    A big congratulations to you....you have done wonderful.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I've been lurking on this site for a few months now. I can't begin to say what a help it has been. Not only the easy way to track food and exercise, but the message board has been loaded with great information. Thank you to all that contribute so regularly.

Today it was official, I've lost 102lbs in a little over 6 months. I've been going to Jenny Craig since late January and watched myself gradually undo the years of neglect that I've inflicted on my body. While the 100lb loss might be great, I still have another 100 to lose. But, I thought it was time to stop hiding in the shadows and start to participate. I've learned so much in the past 6 months, it seems like a good time to start sharing some of it. I've been pushed a long by so many of you, maybe now someone can get a little push from me.

Doing the JC program has been great, but I've had to learn to exercise, too. As someone that has never done anything even resembling exercise before, this board has been a an incredible resource. I've got so many activities to choose from now, there is never an excuse to sit in front of the TV all day.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone good luck in this journey of weight loss and/or increasing your level of exercise.

:-)

Great Job. Keep up the lifestyle change my friend, it is truly worth it to be health and happy.
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is so AWESOME! You should be very proud of yourself, and shouldn't have been hiding to begin with. Were all here for the samething, to get healthy, even if some have to gain to get there. You are so right, without this place, I would still be 255lbs, there's no doubt in my mind. Will be watching you to see your next 100 pounds go bye bye!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    AWESOME that is truly amazing. Thanks for the inspiration. Keep up the good work.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Awesome.....congrats....
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    So glad you decided to say hi. Now feel free to kick your shoes off and stay awhile :happy:

Congrats on the weight loss! I know from experience you have to be truly dedicated to lose that amount of weight, and much more so to do it in that amount of time. Very well done! You should be extremely proud.
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Yeah i noticed the bigger you are the higher the price goes for clothes.That's why when i started on here i was a size 20 in Jeans,now i am a size 16 and want to lose more.Congrats on your weight lose.You lost that 100LBS and i bet the next 100LBS will be that easy to lose also.Keep up the Great Work!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow! 100 in 6 months is amazing! I'd be thrilled to do that in a year or a year and a half!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm pretty new to the site but everyone seems to try and help when they have something to offer which is really awesome. I wish you the best of luck at hitting your target!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is awesome and inspiring!!!
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Woot!! Great job, you've worked hard!
  • scrappymel
    scrappymel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!! :O) glad you come out of the shadows.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, COngratulations :)
    We would love some before and after pictures too :)
    Keep going