HELP!! to rid my Pear shape of the muffin top & thighs

Options
So i am at my wits end here! Lost virtually no weight for 3 months sticking to 1400 ( most days im under) & walking, swimming, Gym Classes & Shred like Workout (got to day 9 & gave up) and nothing is happening, my upper body is toning up some ab definition at the top but my Belly & "muffin top" are just refusing to budge. What can i do???

My food pattern is Weetabix or porridge brekkie, Soup or Pasta Lunch, Chicken/Fish with Veggies Dinner.

I do Body Pump, LBT & Balance 4 classes a week (starting pump on a sat & sun too) Swimming at lunch 2 times a week, walk the dog most nights & have now started a mini shred of my own making, various abs & squats!

Its so frutrating staying the same weight & no real movment on the places i want to shift most. I have 4 weeks till my holiday :(

Any Pear shapes out there or anybody who knows how to help & target those specific areas??

Replies

• UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    You can't really target, but are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • cassieoscar
    cassieoscar Posts: 13
    Options
    No, time i get home it 9pm im shattered & sleep lol
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider experimenting with a different diet plan. I lost immense amounts of weight doing low-carb eating, where I restricted carb intake to less then 60 grams a day. You may want to tweak your macro levels and see if more protein and fat vs. carbs will impact your fat loss.

Also, freeweights, freeweights FREEWEIGHTS! Gotta do that muscle toning along with cardio!
  • UrbanLotus
    Options
    No, time i get home it 9pm im shattered & sleep lol

So eat them earlier?
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of the same way - I feel that I do lots of cardio - eat fairly healthy, most days I 'm slightly under on my calorie goal and I just can seem to get rid of the jiggles. I'm doing more strength training now, but I'm having a hard time seeing any improvement in my hips (I have "hipples") and my thunder thighs and my butt. My weight has stayed pretty much the same for awhile, too. So I'm starting to think that my body is just happy where it is, even though I'm not.
  • starcrost79
    starcrost79 Posts: 36
    Options
    If you don't eat enough calories in a day, your weight can plateau, kinda like what you're experiencing. Are you netting 1400 calories a day, or eating 1400 but losing a bunch from exercise?

I'm not going to start screaming "net 1200 net 1200" like so many do - that works for me, but might not for you. Just make sure to feed your body enough that it doesn't feel like it's starving. If you can get a few more calories into your day, I bet the scale (and your trouble zones) will start to react again. :o)
  • Heavy cardio and sit ups. My muffin top came off before thighs. Still working on thighs. Eating workout calories never worked for me. Wherever I sweat that is where it comes off. When in doubt I cut calories.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    The top of the muffin is the best part and you cannot change the type of fruit you are.
  • kathcanada
    kathcanada Posts: 4
    Options
    Have you tried Bar Method? Really helps lean out muscles.
  • UrbanLotus
    Options
    The top of the muffin is the best part and you cannot change the type of fruit you are.

I think I love you. Top of the muffin to ya!
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would agree that it might be time to reevaluate the diet. Calorie intake is such an important part of loosing weight.

It sounds like you do an amazing job working out....so good in fact, you might not be eating enough of the right calories. I would take up your protein intake and add in some fruits and veggies.
  • bcorbin34
    bcorbin34 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem until I started eating more calories. You can't push your body to great limits and not give it food. It will go into starvation mode and hold onto fat. If you doing late night classes maybe try and protein shake. you could bring the milk and powder and drink it on the way home. That way you are giving your body something after those workouts and they are good for helping with strength training. Everyone is different and sadly we tend to lose weight in the areas we don't care as much about first. You might notice that your hands, face, feet or other areas seem a little slimmer. I noticed that all areas except my lower stomach and things seemed to be shrinking and I hated that, but at the same time changes were happening it just takes time. Sadly probably a month or so. So hang in there and don't get discourage.
  • cassieoscar
    cassieoscar Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks all!

loved the muffin comment made me chuckle!

Im actually finding it difficult to eat the 1400 as it is as i feel full with what im eating. ill try the shakes after the gym
    too. i have 4 weeks of hard work ahead here goes
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the place a lot of women hold on to the most fat is the thighs and hips. I've personally been losing weight and exercising for a year and a half and I'm only JUST starting to see a real difference in that area. I used to think I was an hourglass shape but when I started losing I quickly realised my top half was thinning out a LOT faster than the bottom.
    I'm gonna have to accept that I'm a pear!
    I agree with the other posts that you probably need to be eating a bit more. Make sure you're getting healthy fats in and lots of protein. A shake after your workout made with protein powder and whole milk + a banana will bump you up about 400 calories easily.