Cellulite!

Options
Hi guys,

i have extrememly bad cellulite on my thigs and bum. i go to the gym 3x a week and normally 1 or 2 i will be doing squats etc.
does anyone have any hints/tips on getting rid off cellulite?

or has anyone lost weight/toned up and they have seen a difference?

thanks!

Replies

• LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Mine has vastly improved - but most noticeabley since I started cycling to work in the last couple of months.
  • smakmesilly
    smakmesilly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have always had cellulite in my thighs and butt, and it's always been there even when I got down to my goal weight. But in the last three months I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT reduction in my cellulite in my thighs. I have been doing Turbo Fire daily and I think that the cellulite buster is the plyometrics. Jumping and squatting. I have also been applying lotion and massaging that in daily. It's really helping.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't start getting better till I incorporated heavier lifting into my routine!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't start getting better till I incorporated heavier lifting into my routine!

^^ This is what I have heard works the best.... Strength training as in weight lifting. I'm starting a program in June but I have noticed a difference even with the squats and lunges at home too. Good Luck!
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    I have only noticed it reducing since I have lost weight. Hoping that when I get into lifting again it will help its appearance although I know it can't completely disappear!
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    following
  • Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have always had cellulite in my thighs and butt, and it's always been there even when I got down to my goal weight. But in the last three months I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT reduction in my cellulite in my thighs. I have been doing Turbo Fire daily and I think that the cellulite buster is the plyometrics. Jumping and squatting. I have also been applying lotion and massaging that in daily. It's really helping.

Any particular type of lotion?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I just think it's a part of life for most women :smile:
    Mine is much worse on one side than the other. I think it's interesting. It'd be nice if it wasn't there but it doesn't bother me too much.

http://gokaleo.com/2013/03/06/cellulite-its-time-we-all-just-get-the-hell-over-it/
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Any particular type of lotion?

LOTION DOES NOT GET RID OF OR HIDE CELLULITE.....
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I just think it's a part of life for most women :smile:
    Mine is much worse on one side than the other. I think it's interesting. It'd be nice if it wasn't there but it doesn't bother me too much.

http://gokaleo.com/2013/03/06/cellulite-its-time-we-all-just-get-the-hell-over-it/

TEAM AMBER!!!
  • anniecakez
    anniecakez Posts: 10
    Options
    My cellulite has gotten a lot less visible from changing my diet and exercising, it still exists it's just not so noticable.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!
  • smakmesilly
    smakmesilly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I didn't say the lotion got rid of the cellulite, I believe it's the massage and the plyometrics. Weight training I have heard reduces the appearance (or maybe shrinks) cellulite. You really just need to reduce your body fat, but it's obviously got to involve some muscle toning as well. I have seen many women with cellulite that are skinny, so it's got to have more to do with toning that surrounding muscle tissue.
  • CarolineL244
    CarolineL244 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have also always had cellulite on my bum. I carry most of my weight around my stomach and have always had long slim legs but have still always had a bit of cellulite and I agree that strength training could be the answer. I walk everywhere, sometimes 4-5 miles a day but its still there. Anyway I recently started doing around 30 push ups a day and I'm gonna see if that makes a difference :)
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    -Reduce body fat through diet/exercise
    -Lift heavy
    -Squats, squats, squats
    -Cardio -- especially running, biking, etc
    -Squats!

Good luck :)
  • yenilopez1985
    yenilopez1985 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ok, read this article online where they tested 12 different weird home remedies for cellulite. The two that they found gave significant results were coffee grounds and dry brushing.
    People swear by coffee grounds and they got to be caffeinated, supposedly coffee is really good for circulation, one of the methods was to mix coffee grounds with warm water, just enough water to be able to rub it on the affected areas in circular motion and let it sit there for about 10 minutes and then just rinse it off with warm water.
    The other coffee method implied either Cocoa Butter or coconut oil... coconut oil is supposed to give the best results as it supposedly has many benefits, so with this method you would mix the coffee grounds with the oil or butter and add granulated sugar again just enough oil to make like a paste and sugar to exfoliate, rub it in circular motion and let it sit for 10 mins then rinse off with warm water.

Dry brushing is also supposed to have very good benefits for the skin, as it exfoliates eliminating dead cells
    Brush the affected areas in circular motion, the rougher the brush is the better, but you may want to start with a softer one until you feel comfortable to move up to a rougher one. Dry brushing is recommended for the entire body except for the face and is better if done before taking a shower cuz you want to wash off dead skin... and yes you will see dead skin (in the form of powder).

I started doing both of these at the same time, but then i started working out and thought with my work out it would be enough to get rid of the cellulite but i guess not and may be going back to dry brush and coffee scrubs because I do have a lot of cellulite, summer is a nightmare for me i rarely wear shorts or dresses because of that ( and i have fat calves), i like how i look in shorts just wish i could get rid of that damn cellulite, i am working on starting to lift so hopefully it will be gone in a few months.

Just google both methods a lot of people swear by both.