New to MFP :)

Options
As the subject line states, I'm new to this whole MFP thing. I created my account about a week ago, and after perusing the forums, decided that I need to get into the chats so I can actually do what I came here for--support, motivation, and to know that I'm not the only one trying to lose weight and be healthy. So without further ado, I shall now do the embarrassing thing that I even dread typing, and put my info out into the universe:

*GULP*

Highest: 210
Current: 169.5
Goal: 130

Side note, I started Jillian's 30 Day Shred last night (I had used this a long time ago, had to brush the dust off) and I actually didn't feel like I was going to die when I had first done it, so that does feel like a bit of an accomplishment. I've been exercising, so I know I'm working my way back in, but it still got me working up a good sweat! Anyone have success with the 30 Day Shred?

Replies

• AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP!

I am not doing the 30 Day Shred/Jillian Michaels thing but I just wanted to send you my well wishes on your journey!! Utilise the forums they are a great way to get ideas and information. Track as much as you can, even on the bad days! Make some friends or don't, it's up to you but having people to encourage you is always good!

Best of luck!!
  • mcsteviec
    mcsteviec Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome

I've not been on here very long but I must say that i'm really enjoying it! I've made friends and the support and encouragement is excellent. If you are looking for friends I'd be happy for your to add me.

Enjoy your journey :)
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. hope you enjoy your journey to a new you.
  • vmr2811
    vmr2811 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you for the kind messages! It's unbelievable how much the encouragement really affects the will to keep going :)
  • ygrmstr
    ygrmstr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your doing a pretty awesome job so far! Im new the site as well and loving it so far! Let's shape up!
  • 1977marsha
    1977marsha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, I am Marsha, I am a Brit living in Vienna (Austria). I have been overweight/obese as long as I can remember (from 8yrs onwards). I have had bouts of 'successful' weight loss: doing a very active job - the Kilos fell before I even noticed. Bound (twice) to a nutritionist (10kilos each time). I just can't keep it going in the long term. But I am determined that I will make it. After hearing about MFP, I decided to join today. I started the 30DS yesterday. I am currently at 121kg.

I wish you all the very best of luck on your personal journeys.