Bananas are amazing! Ice Cream and Pancakes!

Options
kvetkaro
kvetkaro Posts: 31 Member
This recipe has probably already gone around several times, but using only a banana and milk, you can make epic pancake batter! Use a little less milk and freeze it for beautiful ice cream!

I made some today with 1tbsp of condensed milk (needed to use it up!) and 1 banana. Its tastes great and guilt-free! :)

Blend the banana with a little milk to a "gloop" for ice-cream, then freeze. Or add a little more milk (not too much!) to make pancake mix! Om nom nom!

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    cool
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I heard cauliflower > bananas when it comes to making foods no one wants to eat
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm, banana pancakes.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Um... I make this... but I also add flour, eggs, and sugar... and call it, y'know... banana pancakes. :huh:
  • kvetkaro
    Options
    how does cauliflower work?! That sounds really cool!

There was another one I read about, if you have those... popsicle freezer shapes - a nice summer treat is filling them with sliced up fruit and a little fruit juice or suash, then freeze them for super healthy ice pops!

Another one my mum always used to do (we were banned form additives when I was tiny) was freezing a bunch of ripe banans (peeled, you can find them in the chuck-out/reduced fruit section most days) and when they are frozen, whip one out and wrap it in foul to hold it,
    Instant banana lollipops! They taste like icecream too :D
  • Acg67
    Options
    Um... I make this... but I also add flour, eggs, and sugar... and call it, y'know... banana pancakes. :huh:

Me too

IMG_20130322_191441.jpg

20130102_192204.jpg
  • kvetkaro
    Options

I'm sure you do - I wish I could remember the measurements to get that one right! :P

but for people who are trying to perhaps eat clean or something, making it without the refined flour and sugar is good! Also means that it can be made suitable for vegetarians and vegans by using almond or soy milk (almond is delicious - has that yummy nutty taste!)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Me too

IMG_20130322_191441.jpg

20130102_192204.jpg

Dammit! I'm hungry now!

We've talked about this! :grumble:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

You should try subbing cauliflower for the flour...and sugar is the spawn of Satan...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I'm sure you do - I wish I could remember the measurements to get that one right! :P

but for people who are trying to perhaps eat clean or something, making it without the refined flour and sugar is good! Also means that it can be made suitable for vegetarians and vegans by using almond or soy milk (almond is delicious - has that yummy nutty taste!)

Hey... I can share the recipe if you want. I'm quite proud of it actually. Oh... and I think I left out oil... there is definitely supposed to be some oil in there!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    What the heck is wrong with ice cream and pancakes? I eat them both all the time.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I make a mean banana chocolate chip pancake! mmmm sooooooooo good!
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I like hers better, less work for lazy cooks like myself!! :laugh:
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bananas and milk do not make pancakes.
  • kvetkaro
    Options
    Guys, please... I only posted this because I have made both of these things, and they were really tasty, and I wanted to spread the love!

I am NOT bashing "real" pancakes, or ice cream, or anything.

I'm not saying it's wrong to eat these things.

I am just providing an alternative, a flexible recipe, that people can use if they WANT TO.

Both of these recipes are tried and tested. Sadly I just finished my icecream so I can't show you a picture, but yeah.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Guys, please... I only posted this because I have made both of these things, and they were really tasty, and I wanted to spread the love!

I am NOT bashing "real" pancakes, or ice cream, or anything.

I'm not saying it's wrong to eat these things.

I am just providing an alternative, a flexible recipe, that people can use if they WANT TO.

Both of these recipes are tried and tested. Sadly I just finished my icecream so I can't show you a picture, but yeah.

I actually use frozen bananas and milk in my protein shake. And I was serious about the recipe. I can share if you want it.
  • kvetkaro
    Options
    Yes please, hen - I can never gt the measurements right when I use flour :P It always ends up all bobbly!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Great Value - Self Rising Flour, 2 cup
    Bananas - Raw, 2 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
    Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 1 cup
    Domino Granulated Sugar - Baking Sugar Volume, 0.33 cup
    Great Value - Oil, Vegetable, Pure, 2 Tbsp (14g)
    Egg - Large, Grade A, Raw, 2 egg
    Vanilla extract - Imitation, no alcohol, 0.5 tbsp
    Salt - Table , 0.5 teaspoon

Makes 10 pancakes. A stack of 3 is less than 500 calories.

Let me suggest freezing the bananas and then blending them with the milk before mixing it with the dry ingredients.
  • Acg67
    Options
    These ones had a nutella cream sauce drizzle

2011-12-30%2525252014.31.42.jpg
  • kvetkaro
    Options
    Thanks! :)