phentermine

Options
My doctor prescribed phentermine to me to jump start my weight loss. I did lose some but now I feel out of breath all the time. My heart races and I start breathing heavy just walking up the stairs! I swim for an hour 3x a week, but I don't feel breathless in the pool. Recently, I walked 15 blocks in NYC with my suitcase and when I arrived, I was so over-heated and I was sweating like never before.

I have decided to stop taking the drug, but I'm wondering if my symptoms are cause enough to seek medical attention immediately---or just wait to see if I feel better once the drug is out of my system.

I'm flying in two days...so I won't get in to see my doctor before I leave...should I go to an ER? Anyone experience anything similar? Thank you in advance for your help.

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure you should see your doctor again. However, call his office and speak to him or his nurse. If he's not there, he'll have an answering service and will call you back immediately.
  • joelann10
    joelann10 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely stop taking the drug. It's a stimulant and it doesn't sound like it agrees with you.
  • starfiremgm
    Options
    Thank you. I called the doc. Waiting to hear back. Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience.