The importance of the morning (for me)

Options
chercee
chercee Posts: 120 Member
I'm finally starting to figure out that for me, the AM is key in all things wellness. It's odd, because I have NEVER been a morning person at all. (I'm thrilled to sleep until 12, 1, 2...no sweat.)

However, I find that my morning sets the routine for my whole day as far as fitness, eating well, etc.

Case in point: yesterday, feeling lazy, I opted for cookies instead of a breakfast smoothie. Two cookies in the morning turned into a bunch of other crap I didn't need to eat, and I put off my exercise until the afternoon.

I don't exercise well in the afternoon. I don't know why, but my body just doesn't seem to want to do it.

Today, I made tasty cinnamon raisin toast for my on-crutches fiance, and instead of having some myself, grabbed my water and hit the exercise bike - I burned 566 calories instead of eating and sitting on my butt. THAT inspired me to have my healthy breakfast smoothie instead of something else, which helped me make sure I had a good lunch. Here it is, the middle of the afternoon, and instead of craving a bunch of terrible food, I'm contentedly munching on pistachios and downing more water.

I feel stupid for being so amazed by it, but there it is.

For anyone in a slump, I might suggest listening to your body's rhythm and seeing what type of energy it has, when. I've found it to be massively important for me.

Replies

• mbdiary
    mbdiary Posts: 9
    Options
    Great Topic. I agree, the morning sets the tone for my whole day. Lazy or not, fattening or not. It all starts with Morning.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I totally relate! I am not a morning person either. I can't sleep 'til noon, but definitely would sleep in if given the chance (8 would be sleeping in for me!). But, if I don't get my butt out of bed and do my workout, before anything else happens for the day, I won't do it. That makes me feel "empowered" for lack of a better word, to go forth and conquer the day--be it food choices or my attitude about life. :happy:
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    Agreed!!!! Mornings are my best as well and I love working out in the morning. I'm able to workout in the evenings but it just isn't the same as if I were to have done it in the AM. 1 good decision always leads to the next so why not start the day off with a good burn :) And then more good choices to come!