to much protein?

Options
I am putting in my food as best as I can and it keeps saying that i am having to much protein in one day and not just a few points, like almost 20 extra points. In the am i have a protein shake that has 15 grams but my gosh i dint think i was eating that much extra???? I thought i remember having to much in one day wasnt so good for u????

Replies

• angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    im not sure how much you are exercising but the more you exercise your protein level should increase i eat about 100mg of protein a day most days and am over some of the times but i usually burn about 1300 calories 3-4 days a week, protein is good for your muscles the only time i have ever heard that too much protein was bad for you was if you had a kidney disease then those people have to watch their intake. hope that helps
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The default settings for protein in MFP are very low IMO. I wouldn't worry about it. You can have at least 2 g of protein per kg of body weight without giving it another though. (In one study, people had 2.8 g per kg of body weight and were fine, for example.)

The people who have to worry are people with kidney problems because consuming a lot of protein can be hard on the kidneys. For regular people, drinking some extra water helps the kidneys function better and it's hard to consume so much protein that it would be a problem anyway.
  • desireebutts
    Options
    That doesn't sound like too much to me. As long as you are working out and eating lean protein you are okay. Your muscles need protein to function as well as "grow/tone". Make sure you are drinking a ton of water though, because too much protein can be dangerous for your kidneys.
  • triciamarie
    triciamarie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    TY! makes me feel better :)