lemon and cucumber water

Options
I keep seeing people walking around with water filled with lemons and cucumbers. is there any real benefit to this or are people just trying to add flavor to water or is this yet another trend

Replies

• brittany16950
    brittany16950 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I dunno, but it sounds delicious to me!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I do it for flavor. Plain water gets boring. I also like to add a bit of ginger.
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just try to add flavor to my water. I enjoy the fruit and veg., in my water try you'll like it . I also do Lemon and oranges.
  • BoneDevil
    BoneDevil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well, the lemon would help balance pH levels and it's good for your digestive tract. I've also heard about cucumber water being used as a diuretic. I think the combination of the two would be good in regards to flushing out your body.

And then, like you mentioned, it makes the water itself a little less dull.
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It just feels very refreshing for some reason. My gym has it in these little cooler things that are really pretty, and it tastes SO good after a workout. It just feels like it cools you down more for some reason (that is probably completely in my head).
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had read on Pinterest that is was a natural diuretic, so I made a pitcher of water with sliced lemons, cucumbers, ground ginger root & a few spearmint leaves...it tasted AWESOME so I still make it & drink it...IDK if it really helps with anything.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    wow, I do lemons but never heard of cucumbers & lemons in water before. Have to go buy both tonight & try.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Water in general is a diuretic. That's why they say to fight water weight with more water.
    I have heard the cucumbers create the feeling of fullness and curves hunger a bit.
    Otherwise I just do lemons of cucumbers for the flavor I HATE plain water.
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    no idea, except that cucumber is water tastes amazing. (I also don't like plain water)
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Lemon helps with inflamation, so drinking water with lemon is supposed to help with inflamation in the joints from different ailments, if it's true or not I'm not sure, I usually do lemon in my water because I'm not a fan of plain water
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I do it mostly because it tasts good, but I don't do the cucumber...I do strawberries and Lemon. Then you also get a snack if you are using a straw. Just make sure you don't leave it overnight and keep it cold or it goes bad.
  • cathrynfay
    cathrynfay Posts: 32
    Options
    It's flavorful, but the lemon and cucumber are also somewhat astringent, washing food residue from the mouth. I've read that removing the residue of fats from the tongue can help reduce cravings for more food. Can't hurt!