4200 Calories already and the day isn't over...

Options
Hello everyone,

My wife and I have just joined and are trying to lose some weight. The food log is definitely eye-opening...

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I splurge on occasion and still try to log it for that very reason.. is this one meal of junk really worth undo'ing a day or week of workouts..
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of MFP!! It is definitely eye-opening. I remember when I started in April I couldn't believe how much I was putting into my body. I too splurge occasionally. I look at it as a lifestyle change and not a diet!! Best of luck to you and your wife!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You'll learn that a lot of the foods you ate before just aren't worth it! Then eventually you won't crave them nearly as much, once your body realizes how much better it feels to eat nutritious foods! It's also insane how much you can eat and stay under your calorie goal when you make good choices. Veggies are SO filling and really low in calories. Make small changes and slowly but surely, you'll start to realize that you CAN do it. It's not easy, but it's also not impossible. :smile:
  • 4myheartnsoul
    Options
    I have been at it for about a month now and yes, one of the biggest eye openers was seeing what I was eating. When I first began, I ate every bit of my calories. Now I I have to force myself most nights to eat them all. I hate peanut butter, but one Tablespoon is 100 calories, so I will get a TB, stick it in my mouth and swollow...100 more calories to my goal in one bite. I usually am under about 50 or 60 after my PB trick. It will get easier as you find foods/brands that are lower calorie and as your body gets used to less food. Best wishes to you both..you have came to the right place, I couldn't do this without MFP!!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    it sure is a harsh reality! getting hooked on logging your food really helps getting you on track and thinking about what you are eating before you eat it!

we can do this!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i'm totally curious what constitutes 4200 calories; are you combining both you and your wife? don't get me wrong, i'm just curious about it and will understand if you choose not to discuss further.

it is really eye-opening!

you'll find a great and supportive (even eclectic) community here for support. glad to have you both!

k
  • slratliff
    Options
    oops - wrong user
  • abarbiecop
    Options
    Put in Cleaning, Vigorous. . .that constitutes yard work
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My wife and I have just joined and are trying to lose some weight. The food log is definitely eye-opening...

Hi! Welcome to MFP!

Eye-opening? Isn't it just!

I think back to what I used to eat and it makes me shudder, big bags of sweets, numerous cakes, chocolate galore. The list was long and damaging to my health!

This Site is fantastic and if you are completely honest and record everything, it could bring about a change in your thinking.

Best of luck to you both in your weight loss :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    be careful of fast food, cream soup, mayo, and bread and butter.....Boy I miss the bread and butter:sad:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome :flowerforyou: