Going through too many pairs of jeans >.<

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
Having thighs that are so big that they rub together creating holes in my jeans has got to be one of the most frustrating things ever... hoping I can lose this weight so buying pants doesn't have to be so expensive for me :[ lol don't want to buy jeans with a thicker fabric at the moment right now either since the weather is getting hotter, but I may have to. Time to run a few miles after work today.

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I've lost about ten pounds now, but none in the thighs yet. I can see the muscles and they feel stronger, but they're still rubbing. We'll get there!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Same problem. Haven't lost much but pants fit a little better since I started walking more.
  • Behxo
    Options
    It's good to know I'm not alone on this one, it's embarrassing but I guess motivation money wise lol can't keep spending on more pairs
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Until you get rid of that problem ( and you will, with time) buy your jeans at Goodwill or Salvation Army. Minimal expense, and you can shrink out of them with no regret.
  • america_c
    america_c Posts: 60
    Options
    It's good to know I'm not alone on this one, it's embarrassing but I guess motivation money wise lol can't keep spending on more pairs

OMG it's not just the money that motivates but that horrible *swish swish* sound they make when I walk :(
  • Behxo
    Options

OMG it's not just the money that motivates but that horrible *swish swish* sound they make when I walk :(

I never seemed to notice that noise, so thankfully I'm not bothered by that... like eep223 said though, we'll get there together. :]
    also thanks for the advice Melsauntie
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Weird! I have never had this problem. Do you tend to wear the same pair several times a week? Usually if I have pants that start falling apart it is holes near the pockets or a rip in the crotch.
  • Behxo
    Options
    Weird! I have never had this problem. Do you tend to wear the same pair several times a week? Usually if I have pants that start falling apart it is holes near the pockets or a rip in the crotch.

Yea I normally only have about 3-4 pairs of jeans at a time.
  • laurenmoe
    laurenmoe Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't really have a thigh issue, so much as a "I am refusing to buy jeans now when I know I'll have buy new jeans again in a month" issue. With summer coming, I've stocked up on a bunch of cute little cotton dress from Loft that will still fit when the lbs drop. Dresses are way more transitional with weight loss than jeans.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    That happened to me often, but luckily it has stopped. You will get there!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Until you get rid of that problem ( and you will, with time) buy your jeans at Goodwill or Salvation Army. Minimal expense, and you can shrink out of them with no regret.
    This. Absolutely this. Then, when they don't fit any longer, you donate them back and get the next size down.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Give it time. With loss, it will come! I've had that problem since I was in middle school! Now at 32 years old, I think I might finally be able to keep jeans & pants for a good, long while since my thighs no longer rub together when I walk. Bonus! I can finally wear shorts without them riding up as I walk!!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Mine were really bad for a while with the holes in the thighs, but they seem to last longer now that they don't rub as hard together. Instead, I get holes in my socks. xD Those are much cheaper to replace, though.
  • leishamaree
    leishamaree Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It does get better! I remember the first time I realised my thighs weren't rubbing together when I walked - it was weird after hearing it/feeling it for most of my life!
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have this problem terribly with exercise pants (probably because I don't have a lot of pairs so I end up wearing the same pair frequently). Nothing like being in a yoga pose and realizing part of your thigh is showing! :noway:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I also gain weight in my thighs, it's annoying. To make them touch less you need to lose weight but also tighten the muscles by lifting heavy and doing tons of squats and lunges. Don't do just cardio.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    That drives me nuts. I have lost enough that my pants inch down gradually as I am walking. So in addition to the swishing, I get the fabric rubbing me the wrong way if it rolls at all in the seam. I have worn nothing but the stretchy type of pants you see in my pic here, for the last 3 years. I figured they are good for accommodating a changing body better than jeans. I think these pants get less holes than my jeans used to. Somehow jeans get more friction.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I've been there, it sucks. It's easier to wear skirts and dresses but then you have to shave your legs or use the cream.. I'm slimming my thighs slowly with a combination of strength training cardio and a better eating plan, I'd like to speed it up, but I can't lol. In time I will add that we will no longer be having the holes in the jeans anymore! I hope to one day purchase short shorts!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! i thought i was the only one going through this. I got up to 230 pounds and it was worse than ever. I was going through like a pair a month. I even tried patching the holes with the iron on patches but it didnt work. I am down to 158 and i am soo happy to say that it finally doesnt happen anymore! it just takes time. Good luck!! :smile:
  • Behxo
    Options
    I also gain weight in my thighs, it's annoying. To make them touch less you need to lose weight but also tighten the muscles by lifting heavy and doing tons of squats and lunges. Don't do just cardio.

Yea I am on day 9 for the 30 day squat challenge, great advice :] Thanks everyone for your kind words and sharing you experiences, definitely helped make me feel better!