Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi, just joined and I want to lose 80 or so pounds. In the last couple of days I can't even stay in the range but at least I can see how much I am eating and how many calories over I am consuming. I have to get what I am eating under control. This is so hard but I will hopefully do this and not get discouraged.

Replies

• Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    you can do it! It takes a little time to get used to how many calories are in things but you'll have it down pat before you know it!
  • YellowNightingale
    YellowNightingale Posts: 440 Member
    You can do it! Just look at it as a challenge. It is what I do. every breakfast, lunch and dinner I challenge myself to eat the most wholesome form of foods and get enough calories and lots of protein. And several times a week I set myself an exercise goal ("Today I will walk a mile!" and tomorrow "I will walk a mile at 3mph!") GOOD LUCK!

Love your screen name btw! ha!
  • cokefloatlover
    cokefloatlover Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you so much for the response. I truly hope this will work for me, I tend to be very negative and feel it is so unfair that I can't eat whatever I want. I know this is not how I should look at it. I think I will try to do as you do and look at it as a challenge because it is definitely a challenge. Congrats on the weight you have lost so far....way to go!!
  • cokefloatlover
    Thank you. I do hope this will work for me. It is amazing how many calories I have been consuming here lately. I think you are right that before too long I will have it down pat as long as I stick to it. Thanks again for the encouragement.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    I really does get easier with time!! When a friend first talked me into joining, I didn't even manage a whole day of logging before I gave up. When I finally came back, it was almost exactly one year later and I hadn't lost a single pound. This time I stuck with it, and I'm down about 30lbs since October :)
  • Daciroo
    Daciroo Posts: 1
    Hello everyone.I just joined 2 days ago after seeing a pic of myself and I absolutely hated how I looked. I am mainly concerned about my health as I am begining to experience pains in my limbs.I starting at 211.I have set small goals. 1 pound per week. I'm scared but I intend to only have positive thoughts.My biggest problem is meal planning. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
  • cokefloatlover
    I'm new too so lets do this together. I know it will be hard but I believe reading other people's post will motivate us. Good Luch to you!