Low(er) Carbers...Dreamfields or Not?

Options
chelbel89
chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
I have been watching my carbs for my PCOS. By no means have I cut them out completely. I still net below 60 a day. I do miss pasta sometimes, and I heard that Dreamfield's pasta was a good alternative for people watching carbs and sugars. What do you think? Have you tried it, and if so, has it thrown you off? Thanks in advance!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Lies! Srsly, google it. Some guy did an experiment by eating it and checking his blood sugar every so often for the next few hours and it was crazy high.
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I actually read that article, and I am so disappointed! :( we all want what we cant have lol!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    You could always do shirataki noodles but it's not the same. If you cook them properly they can be pretty good, but it's not like real pasta.
  • Beachbabex
    Beachbabex Posts: 9
    Options
    Not heard of dream fields pasta but I tried zero noodles. Disgusting! I'd much rather have low carb veg than those!
  • dsims_nc
    dsims_nc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing really.

My Doctor recommended Dreamfields to me in March and I have been using it. I am losing weight, so it must not be too bad, but I have read the same studies (Sweden and Minnesota). One does not know what to believe.

I guess I will stick with Dreamfields for now, but I am skeptical.
  • justamessenger
    Options
    You might try zoodles which are just noodles made from zucchini sliced in spiralizer or on a mandolin. They are excellent in my humble opinion. I'm having some tonight with homemade bone broth. Or try spaghetti squash :) There are several fresh pasta alternatives.
  • jahowell
    jahowell Posts: 67
    Options
    I like Spaghetti Squash, in place of real noodles-
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    I would recommend giving shirataki noodles a try as well. If rinsed and cooked well, tastes like the "real" thing.